Given the choice, which one would you pick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mason417

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OCEANIC PROBE LX BCD, AERIS ATMOS LX QRL BCD, SHERWOOD AVID BCD. Any comments of why from users would be great, Thanks.

Can't comment on the first two but I used a Sherwood Avid for a couple of years...I loved the double tank straps, and it was very comfortable with the design being slightly different than most jacket BCs. The pockets are OK but not great it's a little difficult to get in there.

Cheers.

-J.-

Thansk Johnny For your thoughts

I am a big fan of the Aeris Atmos. Dove one for several years before finally converting to BP/W. It's a comfortable rig, I loved the hard plastic back plate which held even large HP 130 tanks rock solid stable.

Me, personally, out of the three you selected, based on my experience:

Would depend on fit and purpose.
Oceanic Probe LX BCD.

I have dove the Probe and Avid. I have looked at the Atmos, but never dove it.

jcf

The Atmos LX is a good blend between a back-inflate and a jacket style BC. It is definitely well-made and as hlsooner said it is definitely comfortable and a very stable design.

I have the Avid and am real happy with it. Seems to be well made and I also like the double tank straps. Haven't tried the others so can't comment there.

I have dove with the OCEANIC PROBE for many years. Great BC for a resonable price. I have never had a problem and it is easy to maintain. I don't have any experience with the others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom