Wanting feedback on new HOG wings, anyone dove w/ them??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BGF

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Of course my local tech shop (Halcyon dealer) won't say many positive things about other brands, and the HOG dealers say only good things about them so I want feedback from anyone who has actually used a new HOG singles wing. From looking at the pics they seem to be built well, have a good shape, hose and rear dump, etc. Any issues with puncture, tearing, fraying, etc?? All known feedback is wanted.

Of course my local tech shop (Halcyon dealer) won't say many positive things about other brands, and the HOG dealers say only good things about them so I want feedback from anyone who has actually used a new HOG singles wing. From looking at the pics they seem to be built well, have a good shape, hose and rear dump, etc. Any issues with puncture, tearing, fraying, etc?? All known feedback is wanted.

I won't say anything but positive about them as well!:D

That being said I haven't shipped a wing to any dealers in CT yet. I have been talking with a couple shops up there about being dealers. What shops are you close to? I will send a wing to the shop to look over and you'll get a chance as well. I used to rep in the Northeast so have good relations with many Ct shops.

Lets be honest here, the HOG wings are less expensive and the reason for that is both EDGE/HOG and the dealers that carry them are making less $ per wing. We do so in the hope that we'll sell more. (also as a new brand it is one way to make people look at you). Some dealers won't want to make less $ per wing so will stay with other brands.

Are there any specification or data sheets or even pictures out there? I have asked the same question on the TDS forum as the OP.

I see he posted that it has a rear dump, is that in addition to the the one at the inflator, or instead of?

So far I have found out that they have a zipperd, replaceable bladder, but that's about it. I can't find HOG by googling it. Any links to data, specifications, build construction or pictures showing details would be greatly appreciated. Also, anyone know what the warranty is and what it covers?

Just got your answer to some of these questions on TDS. but I'll leave this since some may not see the answer over there.

Thanks,

My website is edge gear diving scuba snorkeling manufacturer.

My answer on TDS

No, the HOG wings do not dump by pulling on the inflator. That being said if you desire that type of dump I would be happy to install one for you. Just let whatever dealer you are ordering from know you want it (It will cost you an extra $10)

There is a OPV dump on the inside left bottom on the wing

best,

Chris

Are they DIR compliant?

Does the BP pad fit an SMB in it?

I've seen the gear up close and it looks GREAT. If I didn't already own so many backplates and wings already, I would spring for one.

Well, being in the market, I looked into this a little, talked to Chris (Cerich), and took the plunge. I will be out of the country a lot over the next few weeks, so I won't get to test it out until Mid July. I will let you know what I think when that happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom