Sharm, trip report, 3rd-10th June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MartinNorway78

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A little report from Sharm...

1. timer, stayed in Hilton Dreams, breakfast was crap, but I think thats everywhere in Egypt. Food on the boat too, not good at all. I dont undertand why they dont use fresh ingredients, herbs, spicesm and clean cuts of chicken/fish what ever... everything tastes blend and comes out of a tin... the best meal I had all week was at "Hard Rock Cafe"... but OK.. just be prepared for it.

Dived with Colona, which is located outside Nama Bay, in Habada. Rental equipment was OK. Closed heel fins (the ordinary techsubs or what ever they are called), brand new BC and a wet suit that wasent too old. Reg also OK.

Water temp was around 26 in the local sites, and 24-25 in Ras Mohammed and Thistlegorm. A 5mm full wetsuit worked fine. Some dived in shorties, I honestly dont understand how they manage.BRRRR... :confused:

Good local sites: Ras Umm Sid and the Temple.
Ras Mohammed; Yolanda and shark reef and Jackfish alley was nice.
We were lucky, when we got to the Thistlegorm there were only 3 other boats there :) making it a very good experience... a must!

Colona Divers are OK, nice boats and friendly guides. A bit expensive though if you pay their "list prices", luckily I had an advert fron the Norwegian magazine "Dykking" which gives 25% discount on the diving (not the equipment and so on..)

As for Nama Bay... its a bit tacky, but beeing busy diving you dont really mind.

Next time I will check out Dahab for sure... do buy the book "Sinai Diving Guide" when you get there, its really nice, with maps and descriptions of all the major and local sites at the Sinai side.

One last thing; Its VERY HOT and DRY.... we had 40 degrees, and it dosent get any colder in the evenings....

Thanks for the write up Martin! We're heading out there in 4 weeks time - guess it will be even hotter then...

Well I am hooked.... I am going again on Tuesday, this time I'll check out Dahab :)

Back
Top Bottom