Oceanic Probe dump valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traumadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have an Oceanic Probe QLR BC. I have been using it for the past 10 dives. I only have one problem with it.
I am having trouble finding the handles to activate my dump valves. They are small round balls, one on my shoulder, the other is by the quick-release for my weights. The handles are so small that I have trouble feeling around for them. Of course I cant see them either so I am going by feel only.

Any ideas?

Thanx

Practice, practice, practice in a pool or confined water until you can find them without thinking.

Then Practice, practice, practice in a pool or confined water in different positions (like upside down, horizontal, etc.)

Then Practice, practice, practice in a pool or confined water in a blacked out mask (tin foil over the front works too)

If that doesn't work, then talk to your dive shop about ideas they may have about bigger handles/knobs to make it easier to find. I would stay away from modifying your equipment.

jcf

Practice, practice, practice,that's the only way to do it.
As a new diver or diver new to the gear,you have to practice to find all pieces of you gear blind.
So go to a pool and practice.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom