XR2 download to PC, Vista or Mac compatible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCyd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone been successful downloading the Aeris XR2 to a PC running Vista? It keeps timing out. I have tried everything in their FAQs and have been working with a tech at their help desk. Each response takes 4-6 days and I'm getting impatient.

How about a new IMac? I don't see any software on their website supporting this platform.

Has anyone been successful downloading the Aeris XR2 to a PC running Vista? It keeps timing out. I have tried everything in their FAQs and have been working with a tech at their help desk. Each response takes 4-6 days and I'm getting impatient.

How about a new IMac? I don't see any software on their website supporting this platform.

Have you downloaded the latest version from the Aeris web site?

DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Software

Version 2.2 is the latest version.

Remember to completely uninstall your current version before installing version 2.2.

I have been running the Aeris ACI program since Vista was released for businesses last November. I ran into a few initial problems where the program would fail when UAC (User Access Control) was shut off.

I have not had problems with any version since then.

Here's the reference: Analyst: Apple’s U.S. consumer market share now 21 percent - Apple 2.0

It seems to me that if 1 in 5 consumers are using Macs there should be at least that many divers on Macs v. PCs, considering that divers are clearly more foreward thinking than the general public.

Let's see the Aeris computer software in a Mac compatible version.

Just checking in on the Mac front...

I've been running Aeris ACI 2.1.8 for months now, on my MacBook Pro.

MaxOS 10.5, VMWare Fusion, and Windows XP. No issues, AT ALL.

I'm doing the same thing for Quicken, as Mac Quicken is absolutely unusable, by the way.

You can get Fusion for about $40 (after rebates, etc) even at Amazon: Amazon.com: VMware Fusion: Software

If you've turned off a Windows PC when you moved to Mac, just reuse that Windows license (if permitted).

I have the same issue. When connecting the software says USB available, and then when I do start it times out. The hardware was initialy recognised, but I cannot see the connected Aeris Epic computer. I have just received the computer and the sofware and the driver installed are the latest (2.2). Any hint?

You gave more information to work with then the original person how started this link. make sure the epic is in the pc count down mode before you start the download, two make sure you have a fresh battery, and all other use device are not loaded.

We PC people paid for the development of the software 10+ years ago and I don't think a Mac software engineer will make the software for free

Thanks ncadiver.
It was actually "user error". Last night I tried again and realised that the cabel was not clipped properly! Silly me. Anyway, it started working without any issue.
Cheers.

I'm on the MAC train. I have ten computers in my house and I like my MAC computers the best. I would love to see this software made compatible for MAC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom