Recommended July diving, tight schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JasonC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

What would you recommend for diving in July? Me and a co worker have a multi-country business trip to Asia and will be squeezing in a short dive trip after the Taiwan leg of the trip. It looks like we fly out of Taipei Friday late afternoon, and we need to fly out of NAIA Monday late afternoon to resume our business itinerary. That leaves only the weekend and Monday morning for diving, if our destination is near Manila.

Is the weather and diving gonna be good in Anilao or PG in July barring a typhoon?
I like the idea of Anilao because it's the easiest to get to.

If 3 days before our trip there is a typhoon forecast, how long does it take to get from NAIA to say, Dumaguete / Apo Island? Will that chew up our whole Saturday? I presume diving in Dumaguete will be good because it's below the typhoon belt.

If we can get a flight from Taipei to Cebu, what are the nearby sites? Travel times?

TIA.

Better if you can fly straight to Cebu. You may choose to go to Balicasag in Bohol which is a 3-hr trip from Cebu. or go to Malapascua (4-5 hr land trip)

Hi guys,

What would you recommend for diving in July? Me and a co worker have a multi-country business trip to Asia and will be squeezing in a short dive trip after the Taiwan leg of the trip. It looks like we fly out of Taipei Friday late afternoon, and we need to fly out of NAIA Monday late afternoon to resume our business itinerary. That leaves only the weekend and Monday morning for diving, if our destination is near Manila.

Is the weather and diving gonna be good in Anilao or PG in July barring a typhoon?
I like the idea of Anilao because it's the easiest to get to.

If 3 days before our trip there is a typhoon forecast, how long does it take to get from NAIA to say, Dumaguete / Apo Island? Will that chew up our whole Saturday? I presume diving in Dumaguete will be good because it's below the typhoon belt.

If we can get a flight from Taipei to Cebu, what are the nearby sites? Travel times?

TIA.
yeah if you have flight options of taipei-cebu i'd reco that as well... you can dive cebu proper (hilutungan and such), or you can do 2 days worth of malapascua and travel back on monday w/ enough time for land-based sight-seeing

or like penn said go for bohol w/ has excellent diving but you'll have to factor in ferry times into your itenerary - don't know if those are available online

if you go via manila - PG/ anilao your best bet, if it's just the 2 of you and you have monday free (no fly time) PG is going to be a better deal overall... easier to commute to/from too so you can save $$$ on transport charters and spend it on diving (and booze) instead

you can also do a manila-dumaguete although i would recommend you seriously look at a cebu-taipei return flight - there's a 4-hour fast ferry from dumaguete to cebu rather than catching the morning flight to manila from duma

it ought to maximize your dive time

Jag

I agree with Sugar, If you have only a short time, Anilao, or Puerto Galera should be your destination. Both are a two hour bus ride south of Manila. Puerto galera is an additional boat ride to Sabang Beach. Both places have great diving. Cebu, Bohol, Dumagete are all 1 1/2 -2 1/2 hour flights from Manila. You would them have to cut your diving short for your flight back to Manila them your flight home. Anilao and Puerto Galera do not require no flight time to get back to Manila. you can use your no-flight time to return by bus to Manila and overnight for your flight back to home or your next business destination. Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive Action Divers Municipality of Mabini, Batangas Philippines Puerto Galera, Philippines. Beach Resorts, Hotels and Scuba Diving Travel Guide and Directory.
ENJOY!!:D:D:D
WARNING: DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING.

Thanks all.

Is the weather in July usually good or bad for diving in Anilao/PG, if there is no typhoon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom