Gettin' the shaft from Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dsix36

Contributor
Reaction score
This post is about me getting pissed off at Dive Rite for having my drysuit for 4 weeks. I know that it is a warranty thing and they probably don't care about it since there isn't any profit to be made. The suit was only a couple of months old when the boots ripped/cracked open. How ******in long does it take to fix this problem. I live in Florida and Dive Rite is in Florida, not a lot of shipping time involed in this either.

The Folks at DRE are doing everything they can, but they can't seem to get a straight answer from Dive Rite.

I spent a ******in fortune to buy my Dive Rite Optima. If this is any indication of their customer service, I may as well sell it and buy Mempilots meg.

OK my rant is over now.

What has your experience been with Dive Rite's customer service? Are they fair? What about turn around times?

This post is about me getting pissed off at Dive Rite for having my drysuit for 4 weeks. I know that it is a warranty thing and they probably don't care about it since there isn't any profit to be made. The suit was only a couple of months old when the boots ripped/cracked open. How ******in long does it take to fix this problem. I live in Florida and Dive Rite is in Florida, not a lot of shipping time involed in this either.

The Folks at DRE are doing everything they can, but they can't seem to get a straight answer from Dive Rite.

I spent a ******in fortune to buy my Dive Rite Optima. If this is any indication of their customer service, I may as well sell it and buy Mempilots meg.

OK my rant is over now.

What has your experience been with Dive Rite's customer service? Are they fair? What about turn around times?

...wow, guess I'm getting DUI if I ever get a drysuit.

Did you contact Dive Rite directly? There are cases where a dive shop has unpaid invoices and the manufacturer puts a hold on their items until paid...

Sorry to hear that your having a bad time with them. I don't own any dive rite products, but my LDS sells alot of their product and I have heard alot of good things from people about service even though were are all the way up here in Canada. I have heard the same about unpaid invoices causing problems but not with warranty work. If this were true I don't think any company should hold a owner of thier products product hostage over unpaid invoices from a LDS. Not saying that can't happen but hope the hell that's not this case here. I hope you get this resloved soon.

As long as we are beating on DR, my order took 8 weeks cuz the sales rep was sleeping on it. Had to cancel a dive trip. Good friends order got lost near the fax machine. She had to pay overnight air to get it for a trip. Now no wings under 40lb's of lift. What's happening in DR land ?

don O

I sent a couple of HID lights direct to DR from Arizona to have the cords replaced. Turn around time was about a week. No problems, no questions asked.

Dsix, did you send your dry suit to DR or DRE? This could be an indication of DRE service.

Don, sounds like the problem is with the LDS not DR. My current LDS is one of the largest DR dealers around. If he doesn't get an order within a few days, he's back on the phone with them to find out why. Did your LDS even call DR to find out where the order was during those 8 weeks?

I sent a couple of HID lights direct to DR from Arizona to have the cords replaced. Turn around time was about a week. No problems, no questions asked.

Dsix, did you send your dry suit to DR or DRE? This could be an indication of DRE service.

Don, sounds like the problem is with the LDS not DR. My current LDS is one of the largest DR dealers around. If he doesn't get an order within a few days, he's back on the phone with them to find out why. Did your LDS even call DR to find out where the order was during those 8 weeks?

DRE is my LDS. I took the suit to them and watched them box it and saw the UPS guy take it to his truck. I know when it went to Dive Rite!

I was standing there and listening to the phone conversation both times that "delivery tomorrow" was promised. DRE has been checking with Dive Rite on a daily basis at my insistance. This is definitely not an issue with DRE, it is an issue with Dive Rite.

I was expecting it to take a couple of weeks. with the shipping and such.

I don't know whats worse, being the guy that say's to a fellow friend, " Go with this brand they are awesome" only to have them shaft your bud with bad service, or being the guy that got shafted with bad service. Unfortunatly It happens. Since i have started reading forums here i see many about bad LDS service and manufacturer service. There really doesn't seem to be any better or worse in these cases. So far my LDS has been great and I haven't thus far needed any warranty on my equipment. I havent felt the strain as many I have read about here have. We take a chance when purchasing from any manufaturer. We could here a 100 great stories about one company and then turn to be the 101 person with all the troubles. If any good can come from this, is perhaps the companies involved read these forums and get a drift of what us divers feel. I went with products I was refered to because of great service and warranty. I have read here many times of bad service from companies that I own product with. Again i just hope I don't suffer as some have here. No matter how you look at it, it just plain sucks when you lose a trip or dive because of something like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom