Does your face burn, or do your fingers prune up after a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seakdivers

Reaction score
I found the coolest stuff!!
It's called "Gloves In a Bottle", and I really hadn't given it much thought after seeing it at the local pharmacy - but I took one of the free samples home, and I really liked it!
I used it on the same day that we were building a bonfire behind the house - I was refilling my chainsaw with fuel, and some splashed on my hands... it beaded up, and it took me a minute to realize that a few hours ago I had put the lotion on.
Well, I was used to my face stinging after coming out of the water, so I thought - hey why not!?
I put the lotion on my face and my hands, and after coming out of the water my face felt fine. The weird thing is that my hands were barely pruned up!
Anyway, I thought I would let you all know, just in case you had the same problems as me.

Auto mechanics and machinist have used it for ever to prevent oil from soaking into their skin. First I have heard using it for diving. Might be worth looking into.

Hallmac

I think I might look into that, I tend to prune up doing the dishes and things like that.

seakdivers once bubbled...
I found the coolest stuff!!
It's called "Gloves In a Bottle", and I really hadn't given it much thought after seeing it at the local pharmacy - but I took one of the free samples home, and I really liked it!
I used it on the same day that we were building a bonfire behind the house - I was refilling my chainsaw with fuel, and some splashed on my hands... it beaded up, and it took me a minute to realize that a few hours ago I had put the lotion on.
Well, I was used to my face stinging after coming out of the water, so I thought - hey why not!?
I put the lotion on my face and my hands, and after coming out of the water my face felt fine. The weird thing is that my hands were barely pruned up!
Anyway, I thought I would let you all know, just in case you had the same problems as me.

I have a better solution for your hands, they are called drygloves and work great for me:D

scuberd once bubbled...
I think I might look into that, I tend to prune up doing the dishes and things like that.

thanks

Here's another solution to the dishwashing problem: it's called a wife! :yea: (man am I going to be sorry for that! :dead: )

BTW, Scuberd, love that uniform. Did you get it tailored or off the peg?

:eek:ut:

lal7176 once bubbled...

I have a better solution for your hands, they are called drygloves and work great for me:D

Heck yeah - that's the best route to take :)

Irishdiver once bubbled...

BTW, Scuberd, love that uniform. Did you get it tailored or off the peg?

:eek:ut:

Thanks, it came off the peg. I did sew on all of the patches including army scuba diver (not shown) :D =-) :D

scuberd once bubbled...

Thanks, it came off the peg. I did sew on all of the patches including army scuba diver (not shown) :D =-) :D

Oooh! Suits you sir! My, my...you do the washing up and sew your own clothes! You're really going to be a fine catch for some lady diver when you grow up! :eek:ut:

Irishdiver once bubbled...

Oooh! Suits you sir! My, my...you do the washing up and sew your own clothes! You're really going to be a fine catch for some lady diver when you grow up! :eek:ut:

and I cook

what can I say, the chicks dig it :D =-) :D

I would lOVE to get some drygloves, but I am not sure that they would be the right thing to use with a rental suit. Do they do much damage to the seals? The suit I rent has latex seals.

The worst part for me is the burning on my face - it was pretty painful the other day when I came out and the saltwater was freezing to my skin! Ouch! :eek:hno:
I don't think any lotion could help with that though.

By the way, the answer is not a wife, it's a boyfriend!
If he wants to cook me dinner, he had better make sure he has clean pots & pans to cook with and clean dishes to
serve my food on!
Same goes for the clothes - if he wants to admire me in my new outfit, he had better make sure it's clean & ironed.

Yeah I wish! :D

Back
Top Bottom