Atom 2.0 To buy or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oki Dirt Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey all, I've been thinking about purchasing the atom 2.0 and wanted to get some opinions on it? Also, does anyone know the facts about oceanics warranty, I've been told by my LDS that if I buy one over the net or from an individual that the warranty is void and if I have any issues with it I'm out of luck, is this true?

Thanks!

Hey all, I've been thinking about purchasing the atom 2.0 and wanted to get some opinions on it? Also, does anyone know the facts about oceanics warranty, I've been told by my LDS that if I buy one over the net or from an individual that the warranty is void and if I have any issues with it I'm out of luck, is this true?

Thanks!

If you buy from a private individual there is no warranty. Some dealers are authorized to sell online, and you get a warranty. I believe there is a link on the Oceanic website that tells you who the dealers are. You should post this question in the Oceanic forum for an answer from the company.

If you buy from a private individual there is no warranty. Some dealers are authorized to sell online, and you get a warranty. I believe there is a link on the Oceanic website that tells you who the dealers are. You should post this question in the Oceanic forum for an answer from the company.

Thanks for the info, I'll post in the company forums!

Thanks........Kerry

As Jim Cramer would say, BUY BUY BUY

My wife and I have them and think its a great computer.

As Jim Cramer would say, BUY BUY BUY

My wife and I have them and think its a great computer.

That's good to hear, I just need to find out if I buy used or over the net if oceanic will work on one if there's a problem? I was told by a LDS that they would'nt touch one unless bought direct over the counter from a authorized shop?:11:

That's good to hear, I just need to find out if I buy used or over the net if oceanic will work on one if there's a problem? I was told by a LDS that they would'nt touch one unless bought direct over the counter from a authorized shop?:11:
I have an Atom 2.0 as well, great computer, a great looking watch too! I had it with a transmitter. Not true about buying over the counter only, as long as they're an Oceanic authorized dealer, you get FULL warranty. I bought mine from Scubatoys (authorized dealer), OVER THE INTERNET, full warranty with FREE PARTS FOR LIFE! I checked with them before hand. Like another poster mentioned, if you buy off someone second hand though, there's no warranty to it, you have to be the original purchaser. They know by matching the serial number, date, place of purchase to their product registration data base.

I can add to this a little further by mentioning that Oceanic supports warranty work on Atom models bought from Leisurepro as well.

Back
Top Bottom