Sunnuto Cobra Temp Question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When I download my computer to the dive software it I only get a few temp measurements. I does not appear to measure the temp at each sample time. Is this correct? Can it be set to measure temp at each sample? How often does it measure temp? It does not seem very accurate. I have used it on over 100 dives and really like it except for this temperature issue. Thanks for the imput.

When I download my computer to the dive software it I only get a few temp measurements. I does not appear to measure the temp at each sample time. Is this correct? Can it be set to measure temp at each sample? How often does it measure temp? It does not seem very accurate. I have used it on over 100 dives and really like it except for this temperature issue. Thanks for the imput.

That is correct. It measures the ending temp and the temp at the deepest point of the dive.

Slight correction, the Suunto line Records the surface temp and max depth temp, during the dive it will show the correct temp at the current depth.

Slight correction, the Suunto line Records the surface temp and max depth temp, during the dive it will show the correct temp at the current depth.

The cobra, vyper etc do that, yes. The D6/D9/Cobra2 etc record the temperature at every fifth sample.

They all record the air temperature also.

Why would like to measure temperature that often, I'm just curoius? Computers do have mass (time constant)that slows down reading and typically it's enough to measure 4 times/minute.

Niclas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom