Brother Islands or Coral Sea ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vinicius

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am planning a liveaboard trip for 3rd or 4th quarter of this year and the main options are Brother Islands/Deadalus/Elphinstone (Red Sea) or Great Barrier / Coral Sea.

I would like to get some informatior and experiences related about this spots. In your opinio, how of them are most recomended and why ? Which months are recomended for the trip ?

Thanks

Vinicius

I did a Elphinstone, Rocky, Daedelus and Zargabad liveaboard last year and it was amazing (I hope to return again this summer). If you are planning on going I would go for closer to summer as I have been told that the seas can get quite rough in winter.

I am heading to Australia in a few weeks and I am booked on one of the Mike Ball 3 1/2 day trips. I'll let you know which I think is better and why when I get back.

HTH

I've dove out of Hurgada which is a bit north of the Brother's but will tell you diving was superb. We are diving in the Coral Sea in June out of Port Douglas on the "Diversity". I won't be able to compare until then.
Another thought is it may be safer to travel to Coral Sea than Egypt. I'm sure this is a concern for anyone taveling anywhere.**********:smilie(':mgun:')
Machine Gun

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I also got an information about the currents on The Brothers... the currents are very, very strong !!! When I´ve dove in Indonesia, I did some dives in Nusa Penida with strong currents... it´s about 3 Knots.

How about the Brothers current did you take??

Thanks

Vinicius

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom