Anyone been to Wakatobi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thatguyoverthere

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for Feed back from anyone who has been to Wakatobi? I have seen some beautiful photos from there and I am looking into booking a trip. It's a little pricey....so wanted to get some advise before I speed the big bucks.

I'm open to other sugestions of places you have been that are just as beautiful but maybe a little less expensive.

trip report from our trip last year.
On a side note:
Love. Love. Love. Diving in Indonesia so much we are going back
Diving Bali/Bunaken Marine Park/Lembeh strait this fall.
Indonesia

If you do a search for "Wakatobi" in this forum, you'll get almost 80 returns, and a real treasure trove of information. If you start there and read through, you'll probably learn everything you ever wanted to know about Wakatobi.

Yes, it's a bit pricey, but it's the best-organized and seamless diving experience I've ever had. There are a lot of other places to see and dive, so I'm not so sure I can say I'd do it again (not because of anything negative), but I am very glad we went. It was a great trip.

Our trip report: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/indonesia/211366-wakatobi-observations.html

I loved it! It was a great experience, very glad I went.

Looking for Feed back from anyone who has been to Wakatobi? I have seen some beautiful photos from there and I am looking into booking a trip. It's a little pricey....so wanted to get some advise before I speed the big bucks.

I'm open to other sugestions of places you have been that are just as beautiful but maybe a little less expensive.

A great operation that tries to be guest orientated (give you what you want but at a price)

Accommodations/Food etc are good

Diving well depends on what you want has good coral and lots of small fish life not a lot of bigger stuff / house reef is one of the great house reefs around.

Back
Top Bottom