Photos of 65 lb bac wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. Are there photos available of what the 65 lb wing looks like on both inflated and deflated? There are no dealers near me and I want to get a sense of the operation of the bungies.

Also, is there a reason the 65 lb (and all 55+) wings don't seem to use the Hollis Power Inflator, but the singles wings do?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi. Are there photos available of what the 65 lb wing looks like on both inflated and deflated? There are no dealers near me and I want to get a sense of the operation of the bungies.

Also, is there a reason the 65 lb (and all 55+) wings don't seem to use the Hollis Power Inflator, but the singles wings do?

Thanks.

Thanks for the questions!

The only available images of the 65BAC are on the website, but i will have additional images on here by later today. The bungees are setup so that the OP can adjust more or less the tightness of the bands based upon his/her preference. They are not fixed at a certain point.

The reason the inflators are different on the singles vs. doubles wings in those photos is simply because of busy photography work getting mixed up.:11doh:

All wings
currently come standard with a black "K" style power inflator (not shown in either pictures) which i will show in the photos later.

Thanks,

Images of the 65BAC. Sorry about the small photos, terrible quality enlarging them.

IMG_1138-1.jpg

IMG_1136-1.jpg

IMG_1141-1.jpg

Image of the Standard Power Inflator - Comes on all wings and BC's

IMG_1137-1.jpg

Thanks Nick, that's actually very helpful although I'd love to see it on a tank/in water.

It looks like the bungies come pre-sized and pre-tied. Is that right or can they be made tighter?

Also - what then is the difference between the standard "K" inflator as you call it and the "Hollis Power Inflator"? I must admit the HPI one looks cool.

Finally, looking at these photos - what's the standard length of the inflator hose on these? Looks shorter than the annoyingly long 16", and perhaps a DIR/Hogarthian ready 12". Is that right?

Thanks Nick, that's actually very helpful although I'd love to see it on a tank/in water.

It looks like the bungies come pre-sized and pre-tied. Is that right or can they be made tighter?

Also - what then is the difference between the standard "K" inflator as you call it and the "Hollis Power Inflator"? I must admit the HPI one looks cool.

Finally, looking at these photos - what's the standard length of the inflator hose on these? Looks shorter than the annoyingly long 16", and perhaps a DIR/Hogarthian ready 12". Is that right?

The bungees come pre-assembled on the wing, but on the long side so that the OP can adjust them tighter based upon his/her preference.

There is not much difference between the two inflators. Mechanics and performance are similar. The housing is different and as you said, it looks "cool". It will come as a standard item within the next few months on all BC's.

The standard size corrugated hose is 16", but upon request you can special order anywhere from 12"-20".

Thanks,

Thanks again Nick. BTW - are you Hollis Sr. or Hollis Jr.? If Jr., we met at Beneath the Sea looking at the Sentinel.

Nick, were you on Ray's big adventure? (Santa Cruz in April?) If not or either way thanks for the opportunity to try all the equipment! Great stuff, and well made, it's nice to be able to see it in real world use!

480_DSC01085_Dive_deck_Peace_08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom