Rig Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Some of You have talked about doing some Oil Rig Diving south of Mobile Bay.
Who's interested and what dates are good?
I'm thinking of pulling the Cat-N-Around over to Ft.Morgan to launch for this trip what do You think?

I am probably tied up for the next three weekends with stuff that's already scheduled, but once my calendar clears, I'd love to do some rig diving.

-h

I'm not a spear fisher but, I'd be interested. Maybe if Frank can go, he can test out his spear gun and I can film him. :) Ft. Morgan is a LIL closer to me. What will the prices be? Can you PM them to me or post it here?

Michael

EDIT: Dates for me would be either two weekends after the first. (That's when I actually have money. :p)

I'm not a spear fisher but, I'd be interested. Maybe if Frank can go, he can test out his spear gun and I can film him. :) Ft. Morgan is a LIL closer to me. What will the prices be? Can you PM them to me or post it here?

Michael

EDIT: Dates for me would be either two weekends after the first. (That's when I actually have money. :p)

This is not a spearfishing trip.
How do you figure that Ft. Morgan is closer to Ms.?

I can take the ferry across and it's closer to me than Orange Beach. :)

I have never dove any rigs, this sounds interesting. I was originally thinking of hitting the Chevron, but if my schedule allows I would like to add an actual working oil rig to my dive log. I do have some questions however. What sites are you looking at? what are the depths? and what are we looking at for boat ride times out to the site? and what are we looking at for costs? I get every other weekend off so I am flexable to a point on dates.

My only problem is that I have no idea where Ft. Morgan is at, but I am sure I could mapquest it. How far is it from your shop Gary?

Is this going to be more of a group of divers hanging out and diving or a charter through GGDs?

Back
Top Bottom