SeaDive Resort Coron Palawan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty good as a base for diving or exploring the island. Dont expect a great beach or much of a view though (its located on a rather overcrowded beach).

I was there 2 or 3 years ago and really enjoyed my dives with them. Great service and food. The dive boat was spacious and had lots of food and drink for the ride back to the resort.

I have been quite happy with Seadive. They have several boats and a good setup. Rooms range from basic backpacker to deluxe aircon. I would agree the area is a bit crowded although there is no beach, the resort is located on stilts over the water. They are located on the waterfront next to the market in Coron, aside from the squealing pigs early in the morning, a good location I thought. The view from the 3rd floor patio is not bad, looking over the bay, nice for sunsets.

I dove with them before. They're located in the "bayan" of coron therefore there's no beach. They have pretty good rates. I remember paying 2,200 for 2 dives including lunch and a lot of cold drinks including beers. :D

As others have stated, if you don't need to be on a beach, the service is excellent. Great dive guides, excellent prices, a good selection of rooms, and good food at the restaurant. When I was there about 3 years ago the only annoyance was karaoke blasting away from across the bay. I always travel with earplugs, so I would go back in a minute! Besides the wrecks, check out the Cathedral and the lakes!

-thomjinx

And if a trip to dive the Kyokuzan Maru on the north side is offered, go. It is a really nice dive, with usually very good vis (15 meters+) compared to the wrecks in Coron Bay.

when the original boss JIM GOLL directly managing it, any thing was great. but lately they don't seem to respond to e mail inquiry, when I was there last April, I don't even find his son Chris, i wonder if their any changes, so I use a new Pilipino Dive shop own by a nice former SEADIVE dive instructor ARNI PABELONIO corondiverts.com.ph but again this fellow also don't respond to e mail or text message, may be business was so good! funny!

'

We stayed at Seadive in early December. Booked ahead of time, very good response to email inquiries. The room was OK (1100/night, 3rd floor aircon), no bugs we say, hot water, good AC and it had a small patio looking south. The food was good in the restaurant (try the Pancit Canton, very tasty!) The bar here is good for meeting other divers. I would recommend staying at Seadive. Super fast, reliable WiFi in the restaurant. Although one time, when the generator kicked on, it blew a fuse in my Asus eeepc power supply! :(

Best restaurant in town is The Bistro, just up the street. Awesome!

Diving. We did one day at Seadive and the 2nd day at Coron Divers. Seadive was more expensive and to be honest, we didn't like it as much as Coron Divers. Seadive boat had 20 people on it, 4 divers in our group with a DM. My depth gauge didn't work on the reg. (same with about 20% of regs on board) so I changed it for the 2nd and 3rd dive. This one had a leaking connection to the inflation. We saw many people with similar minor equip. problems. Seadive has SO many divers and their equip. gets used constantly, so I think they might have trouble keeping up with maintenance. Food was OK.

At Coron Divers, there were 3 divers on the entire boat, and the Filipino dive guide was top-notch. He took the time to point things out to use, penetrate the wrecks as we felt comfortable, and the food was really, really good. Coron Divers was cheaper than Seadive, and the boat was faster to get to the wrecks. Plus, with such a small group, we were the only divers on the wrecks. Bring your own drinks to have with lunch, or a beer or two on the ride back. A great day! I highly recommend Coron Divers.

The good thing about diving from Coron (at least when we were there) was you are flexible to go the day before to the dive shop, ask where they are going, and sign up then. We saw no pressure or hassle to use a single shop.

We flew in to Busuanga from Manila, then took the Superferry back. The runway in Busuanga is now paved and the transportation situation is better, there are vans instead of a jeepney. I believe the van is 150 per person (might be 200) and I called Seadive to see which van we were supposed to take.

The ferry was more than 5 hours late leaving Coron (and arriving Manila) with ZERO explanation or announcements. Scheduled 10:45pm, departed 4:00am. A few of us were wondering if it was even coming, but the 98% Filipino group of passengers took it in stride and didn't seem to care when it was going. Someone I spoke to later said it is always many hours late from Coron to Manila. We took the ferry back because we wanted to dive all day then take the ferry at night. Not sure I would do this again, given the unpredictability of the ferry.

Most of the guys I met in Coron last Holy Week weren't happy with SeaDive. I was diving with Discovery Divers and some of those from SeaDive decided to switch and dive with us instead :) Rates are competitive, so basically it's gonna boil down to service. Check out Discovery Divers rates at Discovery Divers: Wreck Tek & scuba diving in Coron, Palawan, Phlippines.

If you're concerned with budget, there are several pension houses or basic hotels in Coron town where you can stay. Whichever diving operator you decide to go with can always just arrange for a pick up point with you guys from town for your daily dives.

And yes, definitely try the Barracuda Lake dive :wink:

We stayed at Seadive in early December. Booked ahead of time, very good response to email inquiries. The room was OK (1100/night, 3rd floor aircon), no bugs we say, hot water, good AC and it had a small patio looking south. The food was good in the restaurant (try the Pancit Canton, very tasty!) The bar here is good for meeting other divers. I would recommend staying at Seadive. Super fast, reliable WiFi in the restaurant. Although one time, when the generator kicked on, it blew a fuse in my Asus eeepc power supply! :(

Best restaurant in town is The Bistro, just up the street. Awesome!

Diving. We did one day at Seadive and the 2nd day at Coron Divers. Seadive was more expensive and to be honest, we didn't like it as much as Coron Divers. Seadive boat had 20 people on it, 4 divers in our group with a DM. My depth gauge didn't work on the reg. (same with about 20% of regs on board) so I changed it for the 2nd and 3rd dive. This one had a leaking connection to the inflation. We saw many people with similar minor equip. problems. Seadive has SO many divers and their equip. gets used constantly, so I think they might have trouble keeping up with maintenance. Food was OK.

At Coron Divers, there were 3 divers on the entire boat, and the Filipino dive guide was top-notch. He took the time to point things out to use, penetrate the wrecks as we felt comfortable, and the food was really, really good. Coron Divers was cheaper than Seadive, and the boat was faster to get to the wrecks. Plus, with such a small group, we were the only divers on the wrecks. Bring your own drinks to have with lunch, or a beer or two on the ride back. A great day! I highly recommend Coron Divers.

The good thing about diving from Coron (at least when we were there) was you are flexible to go the day before to the dive shop, ask where they are going, and sign up then. We saw no pressure or hassle to use a single shop.

We flew in to Busuanga from Manila, then took the Superferry back. The runway in Busuanga is now paved and the transportation situation is better, there are vans instead of a jeepney. I believe the van is 150 per person (might be 200) and I called Seadive to see which van we were supposed to take.

The ferry was more than 5 hours late leaving Coron (and arriving Manila) with ZERO explanation or announcements. Scheduled 10:45pm, departed 4:00am. A few of us were wondering if it was even coming, but the 98% Filipino group of passengers took it in stride and didn't seem to care when it was going. Someone I spoke to later said it is always many hours late from Coron to Manila. We took the ferry back because we wanted to dive all day then take the ferry at night. Not sure I would do this again, given the unpredictability of the ferry.

I really appreciate your taking the time to post this. I'm planning on diving Coron in April and this is very helpful in providing the most current information. Good info about the ferry. I'll take that into consideration when planning my return to Manila.

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom