PG vs. Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travelem

Contributor
Reaction score
I went to Bohol last August, saw school of jacks and school of baracudas.

I will take another dive trip in the coming October 1 to October 7.

I try to choose to go back to Bohol for the second time or give PG a try.

I like to see big stuff like school of fish, turtle, shark, etc.

Is it possible to see big stuff in PG?

How is PG as compared to Bohol?

Thanks.

Each is great for what is available. Puerto Galera; the most varied diving you can find,(rec. tech. deep, drift, wreck, nature,etc) Make sure you go to Verde Is. you can dive the "wshing machine" if you like, or dive the passage and look for the 600+ species of nudibranch's. Bohol; also great diving. They say there is no beach diving, but they take you 100 yrds down the beach for your diving. Make a point to go to Balicasag, and dive the "Black Forest", (black coral). :D:D
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!!

Someone said there is a dive site in PG that I can see 60-70 groupers, and the other one I can see a wreck with lots of batfishes.

What are the name of these two dive sites?

Thanks.

hi..i've done most of my dives in PG..groupers are very common in most of the dive sites in PG..and the wrecks w/ the big bat fish (and they swim w/ you) would be Alma Jane, it's a deep dive...and also there are the sabang wrecks..they usually take you to these three wrecks in one dive...another interesting dive site is the shark cave...the shark is always there most of the time...and oh..the canyons (current dive)..there's always big stuff there...like what h2odragon1 said..try verde island (the washing machine)..i run out of air just at the end of the dive on this one...so many stuff to see...

most of the dive sites in PG are just 10-15 minutes away from the sabang beach....the verde island would be 45mins to 1hour..

cheers....

Someone said there is a dive site in PG that I can see 60-70 groupers, and the other one I can see a wreck with lots of batfishes.

What are the name of these two dive sites?

Thanks.

If you like to see batfish, go to the Wrecks. and giant giroupers , go to west escarceo.
if you like to see a good number of sweetlips, go to the canyons.:eyebrow:

I really want to thank all of you.

Also, big schools of trevally at Canyons! It's trully a great dive...

Back
Top Bottom