Atom 2 alternative mounting options...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swinchen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I am thinking about finding a different way to mount my Atom 2. The wrist strap is a little stiff and hard to put on with gloves, or over a thick suit.

Anyone know of any good way to use bungee? I want something so that if one pin breaks or comes undone I don't lose my precious computer.

Thanks,
Sam

Sam I have a atom, and the best I have come up with is to loop 1.5 bicycle shifter cable under band and in a loop the slide ends in a noodle and crimp. I sized the band as big as my arm/suit and wrapped the band and stainless wire in friction tape, plus I wrap the ends of the pins. Its' not pretty but if only one pin breaks it not going anywhere the tape keeps it from sliding up my arm. My deep sea supply compass mount (you can make bungie as tight as you like)keeps it from coming off as it can not slide over it.

Thanks for the tip novision. While not quite as nice as bungee... I just ordered one of these.

Buy Waterborne Safety Straps WW-0411 with reviews at scuba.com

I like the bungee because it is depth compensating... I ordered a DSS bungee boot for my SK7, I am sure that will be lovely :) Maybe I will get around to rigging something up for my Atom 2 at some point...like remove the pins entirely and put rings through the holes? that doesn't really seem very good. I don't know. hrmm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom