Did A Refresher Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brizzolatti

Contributor
Reaction score
Did one yesterday and found it really helpful. I don't dive regularly and haven't been in the water since July last year. I am going on vacation in a few weeks and wanted to have a go in the pool before I go abroad.

I found it really worthwhile. Before I went I had read my OW manual again (and surprised myself by seeming to know so much!) and visualised everything.

The course consisted of a theory 'test' and then a couple of hours in the pool doing all the skills again with an instructor. It was good to do those ones I wasn't confident in and to do them without any problem. I feel much more confident now about getting into the Carribean after such a long lay off. It was worth it for that alone plus to get the feel of all the gear again.

Only downside was that it made me wish I could dive more often than I can!

My mom desperatly needs to do one of those, how much do they usualy cost?

I've heard of people doing them for around $50....or less....or sometimes more....

PaulB:

On average they are about fifty bucks for a pool session. Some places may charge a little more for open water.

Good, there is no reason now why she can't get in there and get a good refresher on all the basics she seems to forget.

Back
Top Bottom