Suunto Left Bar graph

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gimewater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have both the D6 and the Cobra 2 and have gone through the manuals at least 8 times for each computer. I can't for the life of me find what the bar graph on the left is on the computers. The one on the right I know is the assent rate. Is it your saturation level?

Tank Pressure Bar Graph on the Cobra2. See page 27 of the manual. Section 6.1.3

Does not appear to be functional on the D6 - no indication in manual.

On the Cobra, it is a Consumed Bottom Time Graph (CBT) in standard mode. It indicates how much No Deo Time is left.

In Nitro mode, the graph displays the current oxygen toxicity exposure. The gaph is called the Oxygen Limit Fraction (OLF) bar graph

Last edited:
well with the cobra2 thats a bit redundant...I mean if the computer goes down there's no way to see the digital or the graph...oh well thanks for the help...any ideas why the D6 has the bars for the bar graph on the left if it doesn't work?

as he said... it's either a consumed bottom time graph or an oxygen limit fraction graph depending on the mode
it's the same as on my vyper

As stated, the graph on the left of the D6 is Consumed Bottom Time, which measures mathematically nitrogen saturation levels. If you look closely on the D6 watch face it actually says "CBT" on it. Once you get to the top you are into a saturation dive.

Hope this helps

If the D6 bargraph is like that on other Suunto computers, it is a graphical display of NDL time remaining, NOT nitrogen SATURATION levels.

The difference is that a bargraph of N2 saturation (such as on Oceanic/Pelagic/Aeris/Sherwood computers) changes only as the loading in the controlling compartment changes. The Suunto CBT (or NDL time) bargraph display will immediately change as one changes depth -- since NDL changes immediately with depth.

The difference is most obvious during the ascent from a dive near NDL limits. The Suunto bargraph will immediately go to the green zone upon ascending to safety stop depth. A true N2 saturation bargraph will only return to green as the compartments offgas (relatively quickly for a short deep dive such as 15 minutes at 120', much more slowly for a dive such as 35 minutes to 70').

Tank Pressure Bar Graph on the Cobra2. See page 27 of the manual. Section 6.1.3[/SIZE][/FONT]

The part I haven't figured out is how does it know what size/type tank it's hooked to. Would it read a LP steel as a 2/3 full HP steel? I've got a Cobra 2 and this little graph to me is about worthless.

The part I haven't figured out is how does it know what size/type tank it's hooked to. Would it read a LP steel as a 2/3 full HP steel? I've got a Cobra 2 and this little graph to me is about worthless.
It's all based on a proprietary, revolutionary new algorithm from your friends at Suunto that can approximate the size of the tank based on the reduction in pressure from a few breaths. It's all really quite straight forward math.

NOT!

It doesn't matter what the size of the tank is on your back! It's going to start out at one pressure and end at another.

Lets say that the computer reads 2683psi when first turned on. It is set so that the diver finished the dive with 500psi. The blocks all off is set to 2683 and the blocks all on is set to 500. With 10 blocks for the display, every time the pressure drops 220psi, another block turns on.

Now, for the SAC calculations, the SM program on your desktop DOES require that you enter the tank size. I think the default is set to an AL80 for Imperial units.

Back
Top Bottom