Mola mola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ni Hao, Filan

We were there past 2 years in Oct. We had the best manta experience there in 2006 (20+, for over 20 mins & seeing 11 glide past during our safety stop). In 2007, we saw 3 molas but mantas were gone.
Be prepared for some cold water (17C-20C) at Nusa Penida. Seeing the mola mola is well worth the cold. Hope the mantas return to Manta Point. Currents can be strong. It's a 40 minute speedboat ride from Sanur to reach the various dive sites at NP.
Choose a reputable dive operator. We doved with Bali Scuba - very well-run outfit.
While in Bali, you shld also spend some time diving Tulamben (warm water, easy dives, nice corals, wreck, pygmy seahorse & other critters)

Hello,

I dive Nusa Penida regularly, and it can be a great experience or a terrifying one, depending on whether or not you're prepared for the cold water and ripping currents. I would suggest going with a reputable dive outfit with experienced local boatmen and guides, as I have seen some serious currents there and you'd want someone who can brief you on what to expect and how to deal with the unexpected.

That said, all my dives in Nusa Penida have been excellent, and I'd highly recommend it. Your first mola-mola is going to be one of those things you will never forget. Have fun and dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom