Easy Diver / Fred Calhoun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orc301

Reaction score
Has anyone gone out on a charter with Fred Calhoun on the Easy diver? Any info would be great. Thanks

I have. They are a riot. Fred is a "character", to put it mildly. However, as the boat name implies, they only do easy, fairly shallow dives.

I dove with them once for a lobster charter. Mellow-yellow is right; Fred Calhoun is a great "character." I wouldn't hesitate to dive with them again.

From what I also remember Fred has written many books on diving. He has about 50 years diving experience. I was recommended to Easy Diver by Aqua Lung Center in Malden, MA however I don't think that dive shop is in business anymore.

Has anyone dove with them this year yet? I was going to call them in a couple weeks.

easy diver is still alive and well. Aqua Lung Center is gone thats for sure.

Has anyone here taken technical courses with Fred? I am planning to do that.

Fred offers technical courses?!

Out of curiosity, why is he your first choice for a tech instructor?

Cause he's "easy"?

:rofl3:

Seriously, though, what's your reasoning behind considering him for your tech class? In all honesty, I've never heard of him instructing technical classes. There are other local instructors I hear a lot more about, that's all.

Fred offers technical courses?!
Deco procedures and advanced nitrox.
Out of curiosity, why is he your first choice for a tech instructor?

Because he has 50 years of experience and and 5,000 dives? :)

Seriously, my main reason is logistics. Getting to and from other tech instructors presents "technical difficulties" for me. Don't ask.

Thanks, people; I decided I will go with someone else for tech training -- most likely Northeast Scuba in Chelmsford.

Back
Top Bottom