Indonesia diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Riyan

Reaction score
Has anyone dove in Indonesia yet? I am a new OPEN WATER 1 diver and while I live here, I am trying to select some good places to dive.

Virtually every thread in this Indonesia forum inlolves divers who have dived Indonesia, some of them many times. I would suggest that, in addition to any responses you get to your question, you read your way through this forum. Not that huge a task, and you'll get a real good education.

In answer to your question ... Bali, Komodo, Alor, Ambon, Raja Ampat, North Sulawesi, Halmahera ... all are excellent, and I'm sure I've missed many more places than I've named.

Last edited:
I dove North Sulawesi. It was spectacular. Indonesia is a must dive destination. It is worth every penny of the cost.

Do as highdesert suggests....many threads and trip reports posted in this forum.....one thing I will say is I never thought I would find somewhere better than Palau....Raja Ampat/Papua...beats it!

Has anyone dove in Indonesia yet? I am a new OPEN WATER 1 diver and while I live here, I am trying to select some good places to dive.
Ryan,

NOt yet, but I am going to Bali on Oct 21-Nov 02 and I need a dive partner, but I am diving with an operator there. Are you going to be in Bali around that time?

gregg
gregg131@aol.com

As your are new to the sport concentrate on Bali and Manado for locations first.

As you become more experienced you can venture out to the other places.

Back
Top Bottom