Sinai Divers house reef in Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Razmataz78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
And yet another question about Sharm...

I am going to Sharm this summer, but can't really make up my mind as to whether we should dive with Sinai Divers or Camel Dive Club (I found a great offer from Colona divers, but then found out that they aren't located in Naama Bay, so I guess they are out).

One off the great things about Sinai Divers is that you get 5 unguided dives at their house reef, if you buy a 5-day dive package. But does anyone actually know this house reef? - I am aware that the house reef is probably not much compared to the other dive sites in Sharm, but is there anything to look at?

Any other thoughts on Sinai Divers and Camel Dive Club?

Hi,

I've just got back from Sharm and dived with Sinai Divers. Unfortunately I didn't dive their house reefs as we were on a liveaboard for 8 days and were pretty much dived out by the time we got off the boat. I did have a look at the reef maps and they're really close to shore, there's even a small wreck. Could be good for the smaller stuff.

Sinai Divers were really good though, we didn't want to go on a liveaboard with South Africans as we wanted to meet people from other parts of the world. I therefore didn't book the trip through a South African tour operator and I booked the trip myself. Katja, the lady who handled my booking, was wonderful. All our airport/hotel transfers, day trip to Dahab, and other excursions were on time and faultless. My group really enjoyed the trip.

Regardless of who you book through, safe diving and have a blast.

Cheers

Thank you for the reply! I dived with Sinai Divers last year, albeit in Dahab, so I have a pretty good impression of them as well. The only big thing going for Camel dive Club is the fact that they have a branch right next to our hotel (and, of course, that I have heard good things about them as well)

I don't know where Sinai Divers' "house reef" is, but I have done lots of dives on the coral erg just off Red Sea Diving College. Lovely for night dives, and there used to be a resident turtle. But this is all years ago.

I did a couple of courses with Sinai Divers, but that's a long time ago.

Camel Camel Camel! haha, ok so I don't have any direct diving experience with anyone else in Sharm, heard Sinai are good too though. I dived with Camel in 06 and they were such a nice bunch of people! Proffesional and efficient. I toured quite a lot of outfits before picking them first time round (was not impressed by most of the others) and an important part for me is not coming up against any arrogance, and Camel were just chilled out yet knowledgeable which is what diving holidays should be. So I have booked with them again for next month. My hotel is right next to one of their centres too, and I found this very handy indeed!

Might see ya there. Hope you have a great trip though.

So... let me get this straight, BlueReef, you like Camel :wink:

When are you going to Sharm?

The house reef that SD uses in Naama bay is very VERY good, ....often better than 75% of the local dive sites for many reasons...The location, acceccibiity, length of dives,...its unbelievable given the location . The fish life varies on the reef but its pretty much guaranteed eagle rays, (this year there were 6 resident from march to june whist I was there), feather tail stingrays, stone fish (there are atleast 3 resident), nudibranch, lion fish (atleast 20), depending on the year, a school or 150+ yellow tail juvenile barracuda, there are atleast 2 resident octopus regularly seen (nearly every night dive for sure), scorpion fishk, morey eels of BIG size; , there were 3 napoleon living on the reef this year again, as they do every year......the list goes on and on....
Don't miss this great great dive site....i've also heard of or personally seen sea horse, the biggest turtle in my life, and manta ray.........

Back
Top Bottom