Weigh in Thursday 6/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
For all those who weigh on Thursdays here is the thread for you! I weighed today and lost another pound this week. Down 12 now. I am a little dissapointed considering I was dropping like a pound every two days and it' been four days this time around. I have been with a trainer everyday this week, cut back on my food intake and my cardio has gotten so much better! Oh well I guess everyone reaches some kind of plateau. I will just keep going. I can't stop now. My energy level is better than it has been in years. My stress is still better than when I owned the scuba shop just a different kind of stress ( 17 year old step-daughter). I am sleeping well also. There are so many benefits to exercise it almost seems like losing weight is a by product of it now!

I'm down 4.5 lbs since the last time I checked in. That's a rough estimate because I left my food diary at home today. I lost 1.5 lbs on the Galapagos Aggressor even though I ate just about everything that they put in front of me including the after-dive snacks and hot chocolate. Only one night I didn't have dinner crossing from Darwin back to Wolf. First time in my life I ever felt sick at sea. Someone gave me some bonine and then a few hours later, all I could manage was some mashed potatoes.

When I got home I only had 1 day to do laundry, food shopping and take my kid to his summer job as a counselor at a sleepaway camp. Almost no time to eat that day so there went another lb. :D And I've had some stomach problems the last day or do so there went another .5 lb. Altogther since a couple of years ago, I'm down 55.5 lbs.

I overheard a guy, telling another guy one time,

Guy, " hey have you seen Christine lately?"

Other Guy " no",

Guy, "Well man, she she has dropped like 20 pounds after she had this stomach virus, and she was lookin' good, man she was lookin' good".

I was stunned. speechless.

<SNIP> Altogther since a couple of years ago, I'm down 55.5 lbs.

Hey, fairybasslet, i think we shared a Spree or Fling trip a few years ago down in the gulf. You were onboard with some people from a Rodale's scuba board, right? 55 pounds WOW that's great!!!
I have always wanted to do the Galapagos. I may make that reservation in the next few weeks. It's just time I took the commitment and quit wishing I coudl go. I was always worried about my current weight and if I could handle all the diving and strength needed for a trip like that.

wow. you have a great memory. Yeah, I was there. I think I only had about 50 dives under my belt when I took that trip. About the G-spot, it isn't for the faint of heart. You will feel like a complete noobie diving there. After our first dive at Wolf, we were all talking and we all felt like complete idiots. And some of those people have more than 500 dives in all kinds of conditions.

One of the pangas on Aggressor 2 had a ladder so I would use that if I got that panga. The other one was a bitch to get into. It was so high and I have bruises on my arm from the panga driver pulling me into the boat. :rofl3: In his defense I do bruise easily. My legs were covered with black and blue marks from crashing into the rocks during the 5 knot current and 20 foot surges.

Yeah I had heard the Galapagos can be a rough trip. I plan to be in a lot better health and shape by the time I take that trip!

I weighed today and lost another pound this week. Down 12 now. I am a little dissapointed considering I was dropping like a pound every two days and it' been four days this time around.

Yay for the continued progress - I know what you mean about slowing down on weight loss. I was losing about a pound every two days for the first 30 or so. Then the last 20 about a pound every 2 weeks. What a pain (especially since I didn't change my eating habits for the last 20 lbs). Really not fair.!

I'm down 4.5 lbs since the last time I checked in. That's a rough estimate because I left my food diary at home today. Altogther since a couple of years ago, I'm down 55.5 lbs.

Woo Hoo!

I'm now on maintenance - and maintaining . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom