Is this an older style TransPac ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sixgears

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm trying to figure out if this is an older model Transpac. I don't see the stainless steel buckle anywhere so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks

Attachments

• transpac.jpg
    transpac.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 108
I'm trying to figure out if this is an older model Transpac. I don't see the stainless steel buckle anywhere so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks

That looks like a 2002 vintage or so. The 2-inch quick-release on the waist band was never supplied by Dive Rite as a waist buckle.

Jerry

I was browsing websites of pictures of Diverite BC's and I came across this picture.

Rec Pac

The BC in the picture has the sort of buckle or is this a fake?

I was browsing websites of pictures of Diverite BC's and I came across this picture.

Rec Pac

The BC in the picture has the sort of buckle or is this a fake?

The TransPac is a harness paired with a separate wing; the RecPac was a purely recreational jacket style BC complete with cummerbun.

It was a completely different BC.

Jerry

I ended up buying this item and it seemed to be in good enough shape but I bought it to my LDS anyway to have it checked out since it also had a spare air attached. From the way it looked it seemed that the "dealer" was mixing and matching parts to try and complete a harness. The Transpac was probably missing a waist belt or at least the buckle so they improvised and put on a Velcro brand buckle. The wing was also not a Dive Rite wing but seems to be in good shape as well. At least the crotch strap was Dive Rite.

I hope this is not standard practice at the "dealer" where this was bought. I don't even think LeisurePro would do this even though they are not an authorized dealer.

was this "dealer" an established shop of some sort, or just one of the many folks on eBay who sells random dive gear? Most of the eBay folks aren't "dealers' in the same sense as LP whatever they call themselves. People do put together stuff of different brands, replace parts, whatever. All sorts of people sell used gear. As long as they're not misrepresenting it, there's nothing really wrong with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom