New Diver in Atl, GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EdEd

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello fellow Divers,

I came across this group and thought I would join. I'm in Atl,Ga just got my Lic 3 months and have done 10 dives so far. ITs GREAT!!! Any Divers in the Atl,Ga area? Are there any road trips planned for this group? I dive in White, ga alot and I'm thinking aboutheading to Pelham in teh morning with a co-worker.

Be safe,
Ed

Welcome to the board Ed. There is a very good guy and diver in your area. Goes by the name of Kraken.

Welcome to SB! There's lots of local diving available here in ATL, as you've probably already found out, and we're only a short drive away from the Atlantic, Gulf, and FL springs.
Unfortunately, I didnt know all that you stated. Hey , thanks for the Link. I will be at the next meeting for the dive group in Atl..and thanks for the welcome

Ed

Lately I have been diving the quarry in White almost every weekend. We are the "tech" looking group usually on the tables closest to the gate. We are the ones with all the doubles, festooned with lights and extra tanks, all dressed in black. come over and introduce yourself.

WELCOME TO OUR GROUP!

We have 2 megadives planned per year, one in the fall called VORTOBERFEST and one if the spring called SPRINGFEST. Check out the threads for those events in the trip section. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...deep-dixie/207366-vortoberfest-iv-2008-a.html
We also have offshore diving here in the Savannah area once you get more experience in the water. Offshore Georgia is advanced diving due to the conditions. It can be limited vis and rough seas, but then it can get really pretty out there.

I head to Florida quite a bit for diving the springs and offshore. My favorite offshore sites there is Jupiter. It's a beautiful drift dive with 80' vis! Let me know if you want to buddy up or work on some training!

Carolyn:sharks:

FlightLead, I believe I met you guys before, but I will introduce when and if I see you guys there again. I would love to learn 'Tech' diving but it look VERY expensive.

Carolyn, that would great! I would love to buddy up and learn. I'm thinking about tackling Night Dive, but you got me curious about Offshore....I thought Diving was diving...I guess that's a :no

Welcome to the board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom