Does tank ride in wrong place on STA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wfryers

Reaction score
I added a STA to my plate. Is it my imagination? The tank seems to have to ride very high. When I look at the slots in the plate they are in a different vertical position. They seem to be in the place that the slots should be on the STA.

Can you help me?

Take a picture of the setup and post it, impossible to diagnose without it.

My Dive Rite BP/STA. With the STA installed the strap slots on the STA are about 2' higher than the strap slots on the BP. So the tank can not be installed as low with the STA versus the BP slots.

I checked. The slots on mine are about 2 inches high also. Since the attachment holes in the STA match the holes in the BP, there doesn’t seem to be any other way to attach it.

I tried the Dive Rite STA with the Transpac and the tank also rode to hight for my taste and comfort. I now use the mini STAs from Oxycheq since the slots are adjustable with the offset mounting holes.

This sounds like it could work for me too. Can you post the dimensions of the mini STA? I would like to check it against the BP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom