Question for the Diverite Experts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agillespey

Reaction score
I have/had a Transpac II harness that has a waist belt that snaps (its made of hard plastic exactly like the snaps on the chest strap and shoulder straps, instead of the waist belt that is a metal belt clasp) I sold the BC to someone and they are concerned that the DiveRite BC is a fake because it doesnt have the metal clasp waist belt.

Has DiveRite ever made a Transpac II with the sort of clasp I'm talking about or is it something that you could buy seperatly? The clasp is exactly the same make up as the other similar ones on the BC but it isnt metal type that you see on DiveRite bc on their website. When I bought it at the diveshop it came like that so I'm trying to figure out exactly how it got that kind of clasp.

The first picture is of the TranspacII i had. After snooping on the internet for an hour I came across this Dive Rite Rec Pac with the fastner like mine (note picture 2) Rec Pac

Was it possible to buy or add on to a TranspacII BC with that sort of fastner anywhere in the last 5 or so years?

Any advice we really help to alleviate this persons fears.

Attachments

• jacket2.JPG
    jacket2.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 52
  • BC2078.jpg
    BC2078.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 57
I sold the BC to someone and they are concerned that the DiveRite BC is a fake because it doesnt have the metal clasp waist belt.

Was it possible to buy or add on to a TranspacII BC with that sort of fastner anywhere in the last 5 or so years?

Any advice we really help to alleviate this persons fears.

Hi Agillespey,

The TransPac II that you have is an old version of the TransPac and it is authentic. The 2-inch quick-release on the waist band was never supplied by Dive Rite as a waist buckle. The buckle can be swapped to be in line with our current model TransPac if desired.

Best,
Ag

To Agillespey ...

I received the Trans Pac today and it seems to be in good shape as you stated but I will have it checked out anyway. Thanks again.

If you still have the receipt for it I would suggest you go to that dealer that sold you the TransPac and have a little chat with them. As the manufacturer stated they never used a snap buckle in any Transpacs so in my opinion they never sold you a complete system. Also, I hope they told you that the wing that they put on the harness was also NOT a Dive Rite wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom