Dedicated scuba sites for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frog

Reaction score
Ok before i start please dont go all weird on me and start calling me a sexist etc etc etc. I was just wondering why so many "scuba for women only" sites where cropping up lately. Now dont get me wrong here i understand why we have a section here called "women only" which is great and all power to the girls for it. However there are lots of sites for women only scuba divers, such as the advert above as i am typoing right now called "women in scuba.com." and others like diving girl magazine :/

Is it just me or is this sexist?

Cmon guys lets have some web sites called "male scuba only", LOL imagine the uproar by the women if such a site existed. I not being super serious here but er whats going on...why do women need seperate scuba sites.?

Frog,
Because we're special! Special people need special sites. :)
The scuba industry is roughly 75% male. With such a small percentage being female, we need to stick together and find each other.
Many women divers, myself at one time included, prefer to dive with a female buddy. It's had to find such a thing if special sites are not offered.
When I started my group dive trips, I advertised them to "Women Only", and found other women like myself that wanted to go on a "Women Only" dive trip.
Hey it's not that we don't love men, we do, but there's a special bond between women that a man just can't fill.
:sunny:

Frog..... I definitely don't think this is sexist. I agree with Natasha. There is such a small percentage of women divers, it is nice for those of us that do to talk to other woman that dive. As far as a buddy... a buddy is a buddy, male or female makes no difference to me. Compatibility is what's important there. Don't take it so personal. :wink:
Ldreamin

And here was me thinking that you were a full time professional....lol...
"Good morning ladies and gentlemen.My name is Blackbeard,And I will be your valuables collector today...."
Sheesh!
Where's the good old stuff....? You know...the poking of the tongue out,the getting cross,the folding of the arms and frowning deeply? In my day pirates really knew how to scare another...:grrr:
Cheers Blousy Ears,
The Thunder from Down under,
The one and only,
Gasman.

Natasha - Because we're special! Special people need special sites.

Oh yeah, hehe, "Special" ....
:goofy:
That's the word I would have used for you Natasha ... Very choice pick of defining terms you used there.

But Hey! I am just agreeing with you here ... I wouldn't have dared to be the first to say it!

:mission:

Oh no i dont think i should have poste this afterall :) The post was nothing more than tongue in cheek, i dont take such things personally so you dont have to worry about that. I just didnt know that there were far more males diving than females. At my diveclub its about 50:50. Now i know though thanks for the answers guys. By the waywhen i said "is it just me or is this sexist" i was kidding lol. O h well it backfired , maybe i deserved it :)

We ARE special!.... and don't you forget it!.. and can you imagine if a chick asked a question about "bad dive hair" (or any other very important female topic..) on the General Discussion board?! LOL... Gasman, you'd probably say "Shave your head and be done with it!!!" Heehee Casey

Yeah Casey, The Gasman would probably say something like "Cheers Bald Ears", ha ha ha

Laura

P.S. I'm still trying to grow back the chunks of hair my first mask strap yanked out of my head.

Back
Top Bottom