actually got air!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RadRob

Contributor
Reaction score
just to let everyone know how scary some lds' are, I actually got air from a shop when I was out of town and they had no idea who I was. I flipped it out for laughs and to my surprise they looked at it briefly and handed it back and took my tanks. not sure how I think about that. pissed because they didn't laugh, wondering if they pay attention to their fill equipment more than they pay attention to c-cards, many thoughts.

hopefully they just thought I was a dork and figured if I got one of those cards I had to be into scuba enough to be certified. oh well, whatever the case is, still proud to be a dork! :lotsalove: anyone else get any results? lets here some stories...

Your post is a little unclear. You say you"flipped it out" and they looked at it briefly and filled your tankes. Are you refering to your DORK Diver card here?

Do you actually need a c-card to fill a tank? I would think that most anyone can get a tank filled at a LDS. Like having a non-certified friend or loved one run an errand for you. Not to mention Paintballers needing a fill to charger their markers.

you are supposed to have a c-card to get air, but most of the time you don't need it if you are at your lds because they know you. I was somewhere that no one had a clue who I was so technically they shouldn't have given it to me. do you not have to have a c-card to get air anymore? I have been diving for 15 years and have been certified over 10 years so its been a long time since I was taught rules on getting scuba equipment.

and for paintball, you use co2 rather than regular air.

you are supposed to have a c-card to get air, but most of the time you don't need it if you are at your lds because they know you. I was somewhere that no one had a clue who I was so technically they shouldn't have given it to me. do you not have to have a c-card to get air anymore? I have been diving for 15 years and have been certified over 10 years so its been a long time since I was taught rules on getting scuba equipment.

and for paintball, you use co2 rather than regular air.

Up here (Canada) paintballers get air fills at dive shops for their sport.

Bill.

Here you are required to have a c-card to get a fill. I assume you used your Dork Divers card, but the important question is...

got milk?

many paintballers are now going with air instead of co2 for a long time now. most of the time i can tell if someone is a diver or not. if not i ask, but most of the time no question.

didn't know that hpa tanks caught on so rapidly. the cost and size two years ago when I was at the end of my paintballing was crazy so we weren't sure it would catch on. HPA is a lot better imo, stability in all temps, more shots and ability to continually fire with no frost. but size, fill locations and cost were holding it back. glad to see it caught on. my bad...

and yes, I should have said my dork diver card is what I flipped out... sounds bad now that I re-read it... oops!

Back
Top Bottom