Dorky entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suzette

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

What better way to say hi and introduce myself than to tell a brief funny story.

My name is Suzette, and I'm a dork diver. I have fun on every dive and if there's nothing fun going on, I'll make some fun, darn it! I try to see the humor in most circumstances and I don't take myself very seriously.

So I'm a new diver- just certified at the end of April. I get to dive 2-4 dives a week thanks to my location and I have a ton of fun at it. The other day I went to get into the water- executed a picture perfect giant stride; hand on my mask, the other on my stomach, eyes on the horizon....

....and stepped directly out of my left fin. I didn't trip or anything, I went right in and left my fin sitting on the platform. I was laughing so hard coming up that I had to regroup a bit before retrieving it from the boat where everyone else was laughing and put it on my foot where it belonged.

DORK! :dork2:

I've got a similar experience, one that I'm sure many other people have done...

On a small boat (6-pack), gear up, check air, breathe off reg and octo, check weights, check computer, defog mask, buddy check.

Back roll in... half way out of the boat, I see my feet.... gee, they look a little small, aren't they supposed to have fins on them?

It was a current dive in Cozumel, so I'm drifting away from the boat, yelling at the captain. He sees me and says, "these fins? 20 bucks!!" We laugh and then he throws them to me.

Hehe, and now I know why I didn't book any boat dives in Bonaire: I'm afraid to tempt the finless-backroll-entry fates. :D

I think I'm becoming more and more cautious the more boat entries I make. I just *know* I'm overdue for something like this. (We had one rescue diver on his checkout that lost both his mask and his weight belt on one entry. He was taunted mercilessly by his dad, but the taunting became mutual when his dad popped his head out of the water to see a boat full of strangers looking down at him and smiling as they pointed to the right boat anchored nearby.)

Back
Top Bottom