Loading my gun ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digndeep400

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i have a riffe islander and i need to know if yall have any tips for loading it ? i can do it through brute force but is there a better way ? it seems that a small person would have a big problem loading a big gun like this ? i am not a small guy and i can do it but is there any tricks to make it simpler ?

First get a rest tab. You can load it half-way with the butt on your hip. Then put the butt on your chest and finish.
Or, hold a band with one hand and the but with the other. Put the butt on your chest while still holding the band. When it's centered pull the band with both hands.
Rest tabs are the way to go.

I have a Baja Plus, which is only about an inch or so shorter than the Bluewater. I hip load it with no problem. I just do it in one fast motion, perhaps similar in concept to pressing weight up vs clean and jerking it. You can jerk more then you can slowly press.
But the chest pull makes a lot of sense. I've only had to do that on one gun that had a very short stock where the spear notch was very close to the butt.

Baja plus is a rear handle and the Island is a mid handle. You pretty much have to load from the chest. Get a shaft with a rest tab and start on the hip and finish fom the chest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom