The Chester Poling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mauser

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Did anyone else go out on it in the last few days? Yesterday the viz was incredible. You had at lest 40'. If this is normal you guys are spoiled up here.

We were out there yesterday AM and you could see clear across the beam. It seems lately the vis has been incredible everywere. We hit Burnam Rock for a second dive and also had at least 40'. We are spoiled!

We were out there yesterday AM and you could see clear across the beam. It seems lately the vis has been incredible everywere. We hit Burnam Rock for a second dive and also had at least 40'. We are spoiled!

Is there anything to see at Burnam Rock?

I did Cathedral on Friday and the vis was easily 30-40' and water temps were down right tropical. We found a Lobzilla hanging out in the open just as you hit hit the sand at 78'. Loads of other critters as well. Just an unbelievable dive.

BTW, you haven't lived until you've done Cathedral in double HP120's. Truly memorable. Someone really needs to look into making smaller, lighter tanks out of aluminum or something.

BTW, you haven't lived until you've done Cathedral in double HP120's. Truly memorable. Someone really needs to look into making smaller, lighter tanks out of aluminum or something.

Kevlar, perhaps?

Is there anything to see at Burnam Rock?

Only if your into Amazing underwater landscapes and trenches, Aquarium like fish populations, Giant Red anemones, huge brightly colored sun stars, and just about anything else the north Atlantic has to offer.

Otherwise it's just another boring 120'ish boat dive.:D

I did Cathedral on Friday and the vis was easily 30-40' and water temps were down right tropical. We found a Lobzilla hanging out in the open just as you hit hit the sand at 78'. Loads of other critters as well. Just an unbelievable dive.

You humped a set of 120's up and down the choss at CR?

You da man!

BTW, No sheet about the lighter tank thang!

PTN

Going back to my couch to lick my aching muscles and think about the good ol' days when I didn't think twice about humping a 75 lb pack straight up a cliff to 15,000 ft ASL. It was a different world then. Most noteable difference? I had hair on my forehead.

You humped a set of 120's up and down the choss at CR?

You da man!

BTW, No sheet about the lighter tank thang!

PTN

Going back to my couch to lick my aching muscles and think about the good ol' days when I didn't think twice about humping a 75 lb pack straight up a cliff to 15,000 ft ASL. It was a different world then. Most noteable difference? I had hair on my forehead.

Good times I tell ya! I can only liken it to the approach to Moby Grape or the WG with the exception that you don't have another 4 hours of climbing in 90 degree heat. Instead, you're treated to a refreshing swim and perhaps a questionable exit with all of your gear.

FWIW, you may remember me from my days with the MC crew, hence my propensity toward stupid endeavors with questionable outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom