Puerto Galera Diving after the typhoon??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puffergirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone - I've already bought flight tickets from Hongkong to Manila for this Thursday June 27th, in hopes of then heading over to Puerto Galera for diving. I made an online reservation with Action Divers this past Friday but did not hear back from them on any confirmations. I'm assuming this may be because of the storm?

How are conditions in Puerto Galera - was it hit by the typhoon at all? Do you think by Thursday diving operations will continue on as normal? If not, I may need to cancel my flight, with additional fees of course :(

Thanks!!

I just got an email newsletter from Asia Divers saying they weren't affected as much. I think they just got some wind, rain, and waves...

Internet in PG is spotty even at it's best. I'm sure the net lines are down after the storm, so that would explain getting no news. If you have a cell number over there, you can try and call. You'll have better luck than with e.mail!

PG is fine. I spoke to Warren and they didn't suffer any damage to speak of.......
BTW, I was there for the DEC 06 typhoon and after that was over and the sun came out that was some of the best PG diving I've ever done!

ok - thanks everyone! I actually got an email from them apologizing for the delay in confirmation of my reservation, but everything's set up. i wasn't sure if the typhoon affected the marine life either, so I'm glad to see that PG didn't get really get hit. I'll be there doing my AOW, so excited!

have fun!

i think the fish and other marine life just got a little wet during the storm... maybe a couple got blown off to another divesite but nothing too drastic...

PG should be fine by the time you fly in

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom