Aqua Lung EPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sibhod

Reaction score
Does any one have any experience with the Aqua Lung
Electronic Pressure gauge (EPG)?

The display on mine has gone blank twice right before a dive.

Two times I have connected my regs to a tank, turned on the air and gotten a pressure reading, then when I look at the gauge before I submerge the display is blank and I am unable to turn it on. Last time I got out of the water and removed the battery and put the same battery back in and I got my pressure reading and the gauge worked the rest of the day.
Has anyone else had trouble with this gauge?
Thanks,
Louis

Yes I work at a shop that carried those for a short time, we experenced the exact same problem, the two solutions we found are
a. remove batterys, clean batterys with dry cloth, and clean contact,(slightest amount of silicone on battery will cause problems)
b. send back for a new one.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I had more problems than that with mine.

I'd check the pressure on a tank after it was filled with the shop gauge. Later than day I'd hook my EPG up and the pressure would be way off, in either direction.

I brought the EPG into the shop and compared it to the shop gauge. I couldn't get the same reading twice.

The shop owner (an Aqualung dealer, but not the guy who sold it to me) confirmed that he had pulled his off the shelves because of similar problems.

I didn't feel right selling mine, so I took it apart to see how it worked.

Plus flooding problems. No longer sell the item.

Hallmac

Was given one as a free upgrade by LDS. First one kaked before it hit the water. The second one flooded on the first dive. LDS experienced nearly 80% failure rate, primarily flooding. Not a confidence-inspiring product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom