Waterborne Safety Strap.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swinchen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I got a waterborne safety strap for my Atom 2, and I am a little confused by the buckles. I put both pins of the atom through the main strap... now I am not sure what to do with the 2nd smaller strap (with the two buckles) I know the main strap runs through them, but I am not sure if I double back or not. I assume the purpose of this 2nd set is to hold the computer on the strap and keep it from sliding around..... so either way works?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi All,

I got a waterborne safety strap for my Atom 2, and I am a little confused by the buckles. I put both pins of the atom through the main strap... now I am not sure what to do with the 2nd smaller strap (with the two buckles) I know the main strap runs through them, but I am not sure if I double back or not. I assume the purpose of this 2nd set is to hold the computer on the strap and keep it from sliding around..... so either way works?

Thanks!

Sam

Sam, I think you have it right. Simply thread the long part of the strap through the two pins. You then loop the end through the two chrome loops on the short end. There is no need to "double through" the two chrome loops. The design is to prevent the loss of the watch if a single pin breaks. We will try to get some pictures to demonstrate the process up on our website tomorrow. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

So when I take the pins out of my computer... is there something I should put on the threads of the screw? It seems like there might have been something on them....

I have Waterbourne straps on my dive computer, compass, and wristwatch - haven't had to remove any pins to install the strap on any of them.

I am not sure how you removed the old OEM strap then....

I had to take out the pins because they went through the casing of computer, through the band and out the other side of the case.

Were your pins the spring tension kind or were they really screwed in there?

If screwed in, a tiny drop of blue Loctite might not be a bad idea.

Henrik

Yeah, it is two pieces... a long hollow (internal threads) portion that goes through the case and strap... and a screw that keeps the long piece from sliding out.

Loctite... is that a hardware store item?

Loctite... is that a hardware store item?

More like an auto parts store item. You are looking for medium strength thread locker. Loctite is just one brand name.

A tiny - and I mean *tiny* amount will do it. Don't slather it on, or you may have trouble getting the screw out later.

Henrik

Sorry to revive an old thread but need some info.

I am going to order these straps and am confused which size to get. I have a Suunto Stinger and the strap is right in between .75 and 1 inch. Everywhere I read it says 3/4 inch buckle.

Is the buckle 3/4 inch or is it the strap?

Back
Top Bottom