Problem with Gemini Inflator/Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whyphysco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been noticing that every gemini that i have sold has had to be fixed for a leaking problem. it happens after a couple times of use, the two pieces of the barrel, one plastic and one metal, come loose and have to be tightened. the problem is that the plastic piece has a tab to stop it from rotating in the unit, but the metal part of the barrel doesn't, so with use it will spin and mess with the regualtors orfice and will leak. I have tried to talk to sherwood about this problem, as from my understanding it is a problem others are having and i have not gotten an answer from them. Does anyone have a solution they have tried or are having the same problem/

not sure exactly what you are saying, but from experience......a gemini on bc in the store, customer tried it out and when hooked up it continuously leaked out the mouthpiece. what had to be done was remove purge diaphragm and loosen the lock nut off slightly and it will fix problem, if yours is the same.

if you aren't sure or confident in doing this. call me

We had too many issues....I stopped promoting them....Leaking, freeflowing, inflating the BCD, coming with a torn diaghram.....too many issues. Every 20 or so dives, we have to readjust them.....We too have never gotten a good answer on how they are going to prevent this...Just how to fix it....which we dont want to constantly fix

I did finnaly get an answer about this from sherwood, it was to put a little locktight on the threads where the metal barrel meets the plastic part of the on-demand valve, this should secure it enough to stop it from turning, thus messing with the adjustable orfice and causeing it to slow leak. For the inflator problems i haven't run across that problem yet.

I'm having the same problem, it just free flows and gets worse. I've only had it 6 months, about 50 dives. Pretty disappointing.....

The freeflow issue has been solved and is a 5 minute fix by your dive shop. Please take your Gemini to your local shop and they should be able to fix it.

Sherwood Rep

The freeflow issue has been solved and is a 5 minute fix by your dive shop. Please take your Gemini to your local shop and they should be able to fix it.

Sherwood Rep

On your website it states that the item has a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

If I take it to my local shop they'll charge me for servicing the unit, why can't Sherwood fix this problem?

Have you contacted the store that you purchased the unit from? Did they tell you they would charge you? Is yes, please let me know which store it is. We will contact them.

Sherwood Scuba

Sherwood Rep

I had my Gemini fixed twice while I was in Bonaire at a Sherwood Dealer for the freeflow problem. It failed again, I dove with it disconnected. I had my LDS, also a Sherwood Dealer fix it, and again failed on my last dive trip. Dive master kindly ran it to yet another Sherwood Dealer for repair and again it again freeflowed. I'm told, "it just needs a minor adjustment with an allen wrench" I do not think adjusting my octo/inflator at 80 feet is a good idea. So again today I will be taking my Gemini to my LDS and beg and plea for a refund.

I had my Gemini fixed twice while I was in Bonaire at a Sherwood Dealer for the freeflow problem. It failed again, I dove with it disconnected. I had my LDS, also a Sherwood Dealer fix it, and again failed on my last dive trip. Dive master kindly ran it to yet another Sherwood Dealer for repair and again it again freeflowed. I'm told, "it just needs a minor adjustment with an allen wrench" I do not think adjusting my octo/inflator at 80 feet is a good idea. So again today I will be taking my Gemini to my LDS and beg and plea for a refund.

I agree....They have always said and continue to say its an easy fix....but it keeps happening even after fix. As I said before, we try not to sell them anymore due to too many of the same problem and never getting it fixed properly. Goodluck with your replacement!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom