Urgent reply/alternative needed Post "FRANK" damage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
my uncles family from california arrived yesterday from California.

they expected to fly to boracay today however they were told that it needs to be cleaned plus no power yet.

they leave july 4 next week.

would there be a resort in boracay that would be full operation by friday ?

what other alternative would they have?

NOn divers. they were planning to let the teenage kids to experience boracay .... that was the plan until "Frank" can in...

the larger resorts most probably can get back to close to 100%... station 1 stuff... boracay mandarin... regency...

other than that... don't know...

but if it's 75% or more it's do-able... you don't need power to enjoy the beach anyway... medyo cowboy nga lang...

Jag

The word we got was they had freshwater issues (or maybe the supply)....not sure. Everything is a mess.

The only freshwater issues we had was a 2 day outage for people on the BWSS lines. But as for resorts, pretty much all the non-economy ones have their own cisterns on a roof somewhere. The Tubi lines only went out for a day and that was a tiny section of residential area.

Everything is back up to par now. Even with the loss of boats, no one is having trouble accommodating divers. Power is fully back every where, all 3 mobile providers are stable again, no shortage of booze or food, sun is back out shining in full force,

Although i find it funny that someone says electricity is not needed to enjoy the beach. This island is the 3rd most humid place I have been in the world (#1 being Djibouti, #2 Dubai). If they are from Cali and acclimatized for that, then yes, they will most certainly be wanting an aircon to run back to from time to time. But no worries mate, everything is back on.:14:

Oh, transportation. There are a few new lines flying into Cebu and Caticlan and some of them are pretty new planes! The ferry routes over to our jetty port are fully serviced again and no delays.

If you were planning on July then you already knew its gonna be low season and what to expect. But as for services, naw, dont worry 'bout it.

Bacon. I want lots and lots of bacon.

Z...

ahhh.... low heat fried to crisp bacon !!!! makes me salivate .... considering its 4:35pm and hadn't had a decent meal yet....... hmmmmm thinking of bacon for dinner .......

Just got back from Boracay, stayed and dove out of the Blue Mango, got there right after the storm and when we left everything was getting back to normal, power/internet/clean up. Should be good to go, most of the places have generators so it was still a good trip and viz was good considering....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom