Dahab trip report 17-24th June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MartinNorway78

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
Just returned from 1.st trip to Dahab. I must say I like Dahab better than Sharm. The town is smaller, more laidback, the food is better and everything is cheaper.
The divesites are just as good as Sharm locals.

My favourite sites are:
Islands (you can easy do 2-3 dives here)
Canyon (2 dives, one north (incl the canyon) and one south
Bells/Blue Hole

I dived with bigblue, very good. Rental equipment excellent condition (brand new ws/open heel fins). Very good prices! I payd 250 pounds (sterling) for 1 week hotel with breakfast and aircondition, perfect location on the beach-center area, 10 fundives and equipment. Nitrox course was only 100 Euro, including table/book.

I have now been to El Gouna, Sharm and Dahab. I like Dahab the most. Sharm and El Gouna can offer more spectacular marine life (bigger fish), but Dahab can offer canyons, caves and the blue hole, which is something a red-sea diver just cant let pass. Restaurant tip: Blue House, a thai restaurant operated by a young french/thai couple. Only 5 tables, bring your own beer/wine and come early (they are popular).. they serve very good food!

showfull.php

showfull.php

Now that I know how to post photos in the posts I throw someone from under water dahab in... what I thought was most spectacular about dahab, compared with other red sea dives, was the underwater landscape.

As shown here:

Islands:
Lighthouse3.jpg

Islands:
Amr_Island.jpg

Divesites you can survive without doing is:
Golden blocks & moray garden.
Lighthouse is OK, but just for deep diving, around the rocks at 30-32 mtrs.

Eel Garden is well worth a dive:

Eels_at_Eel_Garden.jpg

Canyon is a must, a great dive!
canyon_vs_2.jpg

Great photos - ditto on seeing some more!

Great pics. Yes - please show us some more - I will be there from 26 July !!!

OK... here is some more

common_bigeye.jpg

Shark_.jpg

butter_2.jpg

Rashad_Islands.jpg

Enjoy your stay the 26th..! Im planning on returning to Dahab around that time myself.. hope it still will have some wind, or else I am concerned it will be HOT HOT HOT

Back
Top Bottom