Dive Rite NITek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawkenph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I am looking for a dive computer. And I was wondering what are people's experinces and views about the NITek?

Be more specific. Nitek Plus, Nitek Duo, Nitec He, Nitec X, Nitek 3........

Pretty much every computer DR makes is called nitek

Nitek duo

I have the Zeagle n2ition, which is the exact same thing, but for less. I love it. So far I only have a week with it, but it worked great. FWIW, I have the dss tech mount, which works great, also that way you have 2 bungess, so redundancy, rather than just a single band.

I'd also get the screen protector.

FWIW, the duo is the same as the tusa hunter/ zeagle n2ition/ many others.

I have the Duo, not that impressed. It works, easy to read. I feel it is overly conservative. You may want to learn the NDL's before you buy. Search the threads. It does have an interesting behavior. If you forget to set the O2% before the dive, it defaults to high percentage. Then you need to decide to end the dive or ignore the warnings.

Just my 2 cents.

Happy shopping

I have a Dou and I love it, Big display , easy to understand, and easy to operate..Now I bought mine about two weeks ago and have logged about 10 dives with it and so far If I forget to set my O2% it defaults to 21%, now this sucks if diving with Nitrox at a high percent but still I think its a good safety feature..Every Computer has its pros and cons but so far I Im happy with my choice.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom