So Long, and Thanks for All the... Lobsters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm leaving MA next week to join my wife in Los Angeles. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here in the NELD forum who has made my diving so very enjoyable these past two years.

First, a big thank you to my two regular dive buddies: Bill (who doesn't post here, but lurks) and Bert (cap_bert). Diving with you guys has been a blast. We've managed to hit some truly memorable sites. I learned a lot every time we got in the water together.

Second, to those who I've gotten the chance to dive with a number of times, and who have offered excellent advice: Aaron (Soggy) and Matt (MSilvia). Was a pleasure. Your advice when I first started diving has stayed with me.

Third, to my GUE classmates for Fundies and Tech 1: Joel and Gina. Lots of fun memories. While I'm not sure I'll miss those days down at Brownstone, the effort surely shows in the dives we do now.

Fourth, to the local captains who shared their knowledge and provided excellent service: Heather and Dave (Gauntlet), Jim and Pat (Splash), and Fran (Daybreaker). The dives off your boats were the highlights of my diving in NE.

Fifth, to my local instructors: Jim (OW), Nikolai (AOW/nitrox), Ed (Fundies), and Bob (Tech 1). Without you, I wouldn't enjoy the world below the surface.

Sixth, to my LDS: PG Dive (Paul, Bobby, Marc, Mike, etc). For help, discussion, gear, deals, beers, and free air. You guys rock.

Leaving behind the local wrecks to become a pretty fishies diver I guess. I'll miss the local diving and the local divers. Thanks to everyone for a great time above and below these (cold, cold) New England waters.

For the love of god, get a hold of yourself! Are you seriously going to give up the freezing cold, low viz depths of Northeast Diving for a girl? You would give up numb fingers, bulky undergarments and blown out dives because your wife is on the other side of the country in a place with nearly constant sunshine, clear water... and great wine? Whatever suits you, I guess.

Best of luck man.

Hey good luck there guy. I have some secret dive spots in LA and I'll let you know about them if I ever make my way out there to dive em.

I wish you a great adventure and best of times.

Good Luck...and if you ever want to spend a vacation in New England...post here and bring your gear...we'd look forward to diving with you again

a place with nearly constant sunshine, clear water... and great wine? Whatever suits you, I guess.

Best of luck man.

well I don't really drink so i cant comment on that, cant argue with the sunshine, but regarding water vis... do you know something I don't? I usually cant see he clear water through the green, well sometimes yeah there is clear water, but then I cant see that either through all the kelp and fish:D

For the love of god, get a hold of yourself! Are you seriously going to give up the freezing cold, low viz depths of Northeast Diving for a girl?

Could be worse, he could have run off to Florida or Hawaii like some of my old NE dive buddies. At least the California Current keeps the water a little chilly so he can keep his self respect. :D

Anyway good luck out there. Enjoy the kelp!

Don't Forget Your Boston Celtics NBA Championship apparel it will help you make friends fast out there. :wink:

Farewell and good luck on the other side of the big rock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom