Continental 4 Nights Tasik Ria & 4 nights KBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hookedonreef

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys, Looking for any comments from you pro's

My son and I are really close to pushing the button (actually using my Credit Card) to book a trip through Continental Airlines for 4 nights at Tasik Ria and 4 nights at Kungkungan Bay Resort in late August. My son and I spent a week in Fiji last year and enjoyed it.
We are mainly interested in coral (hard coral) but have also read fantastic things about Lembeh and thought this would be a very fitting dive trip. We do not need luxury accomidations.

It's a long way to go (and a few bucks) and I guess I'm looking for a little reassurance that we should have a good trip, or should I be looking elsewhere for another dive package /accomodations or location. We are Open Water/Nitrox divers with around 60 dives each.

Thanks in advance

Go for longer if you can.

Do as many night dives in Lembeh as you can. Bring a small light to use in the daytime.

There are many choices in the area in terms of resorts. If you don't need luxury accommodation there are cheaper places that are just fine. For example get a place with fans in the room rather than air con. A place that serves family style buffet instead of individual ordering from menus.

Find the ones that meets you needs in terms of comfort and dive policies (number of divers per guide, less is best, length of dives - unlimited or fixed time).

Don't forget to save local currency for international airport departure tax. When you are sure about the dates you are going, book tickets and pay for it as soon as you can to avoid any fuel surcharges.

You will have a great time.

You will have an excellent trip. Both resorts are at the top end of the market.

It is certainly possible to spend less cash and still have a great time in confortable accom.
I have been to Bunaken/Lembeh a few times.
I have heard nice things about Lembeh resort, But i normally stay at NAD which i think is excellent value for money. When you go to Lembeh it is all about the diving.
There are several sites in Lembeh with nice coral (coral garden,Nudi falls,Angels window), but normally its about muck diving. Just note that viss will be 10m.
Lembeh is one of my favourite dive locations. The diving is very easy, most sites very close to KBR 5 mins by boat,little current, shallow.. and so much interesting stuff to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom