Shameless post looking for photos/media of Black Point / U853

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alphaz

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not really a diver -- I happened to arrive on this site via a search for information about my grandfather's old ship, the Black Point -- and it's destroyer the U853.

It seems that it is a popular place to dive. I was wondering if anyone who has taken photos/video of their dives in that area would be willing to share them with me? I found on this board a dive from April 2005, but the attached photo no longer loads.

I see one from recently, about a week ago, as well.

Anyone willing to help?

Sorry for registering under somewhat false pretenses, just trying to find some info about my grandfather's old ship.

Thanks,
Tom Rybka (formerly of RI, now in CA)

Try U-tube I have watched a dives on that sight there. I plan on diving that sight in the next few months but I don't have a camera.

BTW you should try diving. You will get hooked.

You could try Bill Palmer. Shipwreck Videos,submarines,u-boats,Outer Banks,Cape Hatteras,Rhode Island
He does a good deal of videography on local wrecks. His 853 video may contain shots from the Blackpoint. I know that he has some footage from that wreck as he presented it once at BTS a few years ago. If it is not in one of his commercially available videos, perhaps he could provide a copy of the video that we viewed at the Beneath the Sea show.

Hi all,

I'm not really a diver -- I happened to arrive on this site via a search for information about my grandfather's old ship, the Black Point -- and it's destroyer the U853.

It seems that it is a popular place to dive. I was wondering if anyone who has taken photos/video of their dives in that area would be willing to share them with me? I found on this board a dive from April 2005, but the attached photo no longer loads.

I see one from recently, about a week ago, as well.

Anyone willing to help?

Sorry for registering under somewhat false pretenses, just trying to find some info about my grandfather's old ship.

Thanks,
Tom Rybka (formerly of RI, now in CA)
Send me a Private message and I would be happy to help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom