Puerto Galera Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icecold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am in Okinawa and just got back from Boracay and would like to go on another trip the end of July/early August. Was looking at Puerto Galera since I would not lose a day of diving due to flying back to Luzon like I did on the Boracay trip, not to mention the typhoon.

Any suggestions on places to stay and the best dives sites would be much appreciated. Or if anyone had better suggestions on other places to go?

thanks,
JC

I was just in Puerto Galera. I just walked around and ended up finding a place for 900 pesos a night in Sabang. Kitchenette, hot water, a/c. I'm in the process of writing my trip report now, but I'm still working on the Anilao portion of the trip.

It's the off-season. You're not going to have any problem finding a place to stay :)

forgot to add that I am taking the wife and possibly her nephews, so I would like to find something on the beach to give them something to do while I dive...

Verde Island then for you

it has activities with a pool up in the mountain and plenty of things to do for non divers while you dive Washing Machine site and agapito and close proximity to galera sites (30 to 40 mins depending on speed of your dive boat)

Which location has the better diving Verde Island or PG? Which one is safer for foreigners?
Google of Verde Island does not return a lot compared to PG

Everywhere in the Philippines is safe for foreigners.....it is no less safe than Anytown, USA.
Verde and PG are close in proximity. The built up resort area is in PG.

Last edited:
Haven't been to Verde Island, but PG is pretty much a strip of beach with hotel, dive shop, restaurant, repeat. That's about it. If you're travelling with non-divers, Verde might be the best bet, but be sure the ops want to hit all the sights.

Which location has the better diving Verde Island or PG? Which one is safer for foreigners?
Google of Verde Island does not return a lot compared to PG
my 2 cents may be PG... out of the blue villas, El Galleon and Atlantis have pools and are very comfy

El Gal and OOTB have some sort of beach as well

PG would also give you some topside options like that waterfall chip and jon went to...

lots of great diving in PG as well...

Jag

Back
Top Bottom