Calling all dorks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RadRob

Contributor
Reaction score
what happened to this forum? it used to have a lot of traffic. I leave the country and come back and it's like I am the last dork on Earth. does anyone else get on here and check everyday for dork posts? guess I'm one of the last in a dying breed. that sucks. come on dorks, what has you all down and non-dorky?

well i may be alone, but I will still be in this forum if anyone else want's to cut up and have fun.

rad -

uh...can i use the excuse that i joined SB three weeks ago and that i'm still making my way around to all the different forum on SB?

...and some threads are several pages long and i'm not even referring to onespeed's HCT that's thousands of pages long,
...then the constant interruptions with reading and sending PMs.
...accepting new friends invites, sending new friends invites.
...reading fellow SB member's profiles.
...then the guilt of not responding to an intro & greet thread when the reply reads 0 for the new member who just posted and you don't want the new members to feel unwelcome on SB.

it's stressful for a newbie like myself, then i stumbled into the non-geographic club >>dork divers forum only to read from a fellow dork that i'm not posting to the dork forum...it's just plain stressful, rad. :shakehead:

hmm, maybe i should move this post to whine & cheezes forum?

all joking aside, welcome back to the country. where are you returning from? and more importantly how could you let this dork forum fall apart in your absence, huh??? explain thou self.

btw, cute kid in your profile pic.

...then the guilt of not responding to an intro & greet thread when the reply reads 0 for the new member who just posted and you don't want the new members to feel unwelcome on SB.

well, thanks for doing your part of being nice to new members. I shuld too, but for no good reason, I don't. I'll work on that part. welcome to the board, by the way.

btw, cute kid in your profile pic.

thanks, part of my "Grow Your Own SCUBA Buddy" program.

just got back from just outside of mexico city on business. the internet there was not something I had patience for so I chose to limit my online activity to email that took 20 minutes to receive 5 msgs.

I guess I just wanted confirmation that I am not alone being nuts about a sport I have been doing for over 15 yrs. still love it.

(see, after one post, I reply cause I am constantly checking it - what a dork!)

You are definitely not alone, I LOVE diving and wished I'd started many many moons ago.

I especially love the part about "Grown Your Own Scuba Buddy" program, now that I should have definitely started even more moons ago than the diving.

Sweet dreams, fellow Dork.

Nope your not alone,next Dork answering to your call.:D
My silly excuse is,that the "Wise"men on this board felt the need to turn me GREENand thus spending WAAAAY to much time on other forums.
So sorry,and yes I do need to spend more time here.:rofl4:

^good morning, 300bar, and thank you for answering the Dork call.^

Last edited:
You are not alone in your quest of the true fun diving style that is dork diving. Thousands poke their browser into this space looking for a space they can truly and freely express their desire to join and do a real fun dive with other dork divers. Sadly, few will garner the courage to actually post.

For me, diving is fun and in keeping with that mind set, it must be shared. Good for you for jumping in!

Fellow Dork answering the call.

I to have noticed the decreasing number of posts in this thread. I would start a new dorky thread or add to some of the thrrads already here, but I have writers block.

Fellow Dork answering the call.

I to have noticed the decreasing number of posts in this thread. I would start a new dorky thread or add to some of the thrrads already here, but I have writers block.

This is a good start!

Maybe a picture of your goofiest piece of gear?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom