Gear cheaper in Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueReef

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if equipment etc is cheaper to buy out there than the UK? I'm not expecting a great deal of choice (but perhaps there is), mostly just smaller stuff - mainly a dive knife (unless there are any real good offers on). I prefer to see things in person rather than online where possible btw.

Thanks.

Scuba gear is all imported and therefore dear, more so than in Europe.

Beyond Limits (in the mall across from the Camel Bar) is extremely expensive. I've had better luck with Scubatec. They have two shops in Sharm, one close to Old Market and the other in Naama bay.

Hmm thanks, I did wonder if that was the case. I might scouta few shops here in the UK then.

Ahh - thanks you found the website for Beyond Limits - I went there a few years ago but couldn't remember the name of it. Cheers.

go online if you know exactly what your after, like a computer or if you know your size of bc/ wetsuit. go to google uk then find "products" you will have to select more options to get there, put in what you want and the cheapest is there for you. deep blue online store have good deals.
I went into my LDS the other dat asking for prices on a comp and was gob smacked to see they were the exact same price as the cheapest online.
i think do your research of product then price online then try LDS.
good luck

Hi, just to let you know, I live and work in sharm and it is more expensive out here. I have to get family to bring out new dive gear for me. That said you can pick up the odd bargain at Beyond Limits (waterproof semi dry...very reasonable 130 pounds). Also you can look at Maison De La Mer...they have great nick nacks, its just by red sea college.
Enjoy your trip
Ninja

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom