Blizzard Dry Air Bleed Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBrady

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm hearing a hissing sound from the dry air bleed valve on my Blizzard when I turn my tank on. The manual does address this, but it is normal to hear a hissing sound before you get into the water?

I wouldn't call it a hiss but especially if the regulator is wet you can hear a little spittle sound sometimes.

If it's in the water you should see what looks like a baby alka-seltzer steam from the black check valve. If you do not see this then the depth compensation is not working and you only have the check valve protecting the spring chamber.

Another topside check is to press firmly on the black check valve for 10- 15 seconds and release it while listening closely. You should hear a tiny puff of air.

If diving without a hood it is audible in the water.

Pete

It is tough to tell what you mean by hissing. The best thing to do is to take it back to your LDS to have them take a look at it and make sure it is operating correctly.

I would me remiss if I told you yes, the hissing sound you hear is the Dry Air Bleed, but there was something in fact wrong with your regulator.

Just to be safe, take it in to have it looked at.

Sherwood Scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom