Differences between Transpac II and Transpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aceman8z

New
Reaction score
I was wondering what are the design differences between the transpac II and the current version of the transpac? Why was the transpac II discontinued and which replacement parts for the new version can be put on the transpac II. While searching for used gear I've seen both types and just trying to figure out how "obsolete" the transpac II is.

I was wondering what are the design differences between the transpac II and the current version of the transpac? Why was the transpac II discontinued and which replacement parts for the new version can be put on the transpac II. While searching for used gear I've seen both types and just trying to figure out how "obsolete" the transpac II is.

Hi Aceman,

Thanks for your question. The production method and how the TransPacs are put together mark the differences between the two TransPacs. The current TransPac offers a greater degree of adjustability and customization for sizing, color, etc. The new model is also more compatible with our current range of accessories.
There are a number of new features on the current version, for example the shoulders are different and allow for the shoulder pads to be changed without changing the webbing, it has floating and removable epaulets.

The parts between the two TransPacs are not interchangeable. Any TransPac II out there is over 4 years old.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Best,
Ag

I don't know if this helps or not. I have a Trans Pac II which I purchased in 01. I needed a new set of shoulder straps and cummerbund. The staff at Dive Rite was extremely helpful in getting me what I needed. However these major parts are in short supply as it is a discontinued product. While the Trans Pac II is a good rugged unit,( I have hundreds of dives on mine) the newer versions are much better. If you have a choice I would go with the newer model. While many of the accessories fit the older model, for core parts, adjustability and more comfort, you want the newer unit.
Safe Diving,
George
PADI MSDT 33859
Prime Scuba

My TransPac is not like the newer ones. The epaulets are rubber and not the woven ones you see nowadays. Is mine inbetween the TransPac II and the current ones?

My TransPac is not like the newer ones. The epaulets are rubber and not the woven ones you see nowadays. Is mine inbetween the TransPac II and the current ones?

Hi Salibandy,

The TransPac is a constantly evolving item. We use the feedback we get from our customers and our own experiences to implement changes and upgrades. You have a TransPac with one of the variations of the epaulets.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Best,
Ag

Back
Top Bottom