Dive Charter info for quick Thursday dive NW Florida (Perdido, Pensacola, Orange bch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RaginCajun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey yall,

I have a hall pass and will be in Mobile Alabama on Wednesday night and wanted to squeeze a dive in on Thursday before I head back to Tx. I was hoping to dive somethign as close as possible to Mobile but I'm not that familiar with the area. What are your thoughts on possible dives/charters in the area. I figure that the dives get proportionally better as you drive from the Alabama-Florida state line east and south....say towards Key West :eyebrow: but I don't think I'll make it that far.

Any suggestions for shops/charters in the general area? Is the diving good out of Orange Beach/Gulf Shores or is it necessary to go over towards Pensacola? I'm looking for a 2-3 tank dive and although I don't have the card to tell me, I'm comfortable at depths approaching 100 feet and have previously been diving in Destin & Panama City Beach as recently as last week.

How about the vis & water temps here? Viz was decent in Panama City Beach last week and water temps in the mid to upper 70's at depth which made a 3ml suit just about right for me.

Thanks in advance for the insight.

Cheers

Wow...not much traffic on this thread.

Oh well, I ended up diving with Down Under Dive shop. Since nobody reads this thread I'll merge it into my other dive trip report.

Holiday weekend dude, everyone's out and about!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom