Dive Rite authorized online shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea-glider

Registered
Reaction score
hey all,

new to this forum, so not sure if this question has been asked b4..

I'm a newby into diving and planned to get my first gear which I am leaning towards:

Transplate Harness (SS? AL?)
Vector wing
mares 12 Rebel
Mares Rebel Octo.

I know its better to buy at your LDS than online and that is what I am planning to do. However, the problem is my LDS is out of Vector Wings and say that it will take 3 weeks or so to get one, which I find it to be an unreasonable long wait. my wife and i are planning to dive mid july as she goes on her summer break so i would love to get my gear before then.
is there an authorized online Dive rite dealer that i can order and get vector sent with airmail??
all help is appreciated...
(btw, what the general consensus with SS vs AL? )

try diveriteexpress.com
Posted via Mobile Device

There are no shops in my area that sell DR or Oxycheq. I got my DR Transplate, SS BP, STA, 2" crotch strap, some small OMS pockets from LeisurePro and my Oxycheq wing from SCUBAToys. They have specials, discounts, and sales probably a couple hundred dollar savings. My LDS will deal with stocking items, not special orders.

The DR Rig is essentially webbing and a SS BP. Very high quality and well thought out/engineered. I can not think what part of DR or OMS that would need to be warranted. The wing I can see. Check out Oxycheq also very high quality.

I have also ordered from DRExp. Excellent quality and service.

thanks!!

the site says they have full warranty on products.
this is true??? I am a bit worried about warranty..

dive rite express is pretty cool as you can phone them on skype!
shoot, its after hours now..:(

on the dive rite site it specifically mentions leisurePro is not an authorized dealer, and not covered by warranty...

I just posted to your SS vs. AL BP post too :)

Realizing that you are going online for purchase, why don't you try Tobin at DeepSeeSupply? His stuff is top notch, service is great, communication even better. He offers a ton of insight to folks on this board. He also has offered some truly innovative stuff to the BP/wing market. He can really help you get into the rig you need for your diving.

Give him a call and I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I was. I ordered sight unseen after reading all of the comments on Scubaboard and then talking to him. I'm very happy with my purchase.

www.deepseasupply.com

Tobin's Q and A forum here on SB:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-sea-supply/

***Disclaimer***
I'm not getting anything for recommending Tobin's gear. I have no vested interest what so ever in the company. I offer the advice on my personal experience with his service and product.

on the dive rite site it specifically mentions leisurePro is not an authorized dealer, and not covered by warranty...

But you should note their prices as both divesports and scubatoys will price match.

Hi Sea Glider,
We are a fully authorized Dive Rite Online Dealer. We have only brand new equipment, have a best price guarantee and of course everything comes witha full manufacturers warranty. If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know. The link below will take you directly to our Dive Rite site.

Dive Rite Scuba Gear

Take care, and we hope to hear from you soon.
George
PADI MSDT 33859
Prime Scuba

Prime Scuba
I just got my new:
TransPlate Harness Backplate Venture 360 Wing:
Dive Rite TransPlate Comfort Harness System:
Prime scuba beat every price out there!!!
check out their Ebay auctions...cant go wrong

Dive Rite Stainless Steel Backplate
Dive Rite Venture 360 Wing (45 lbs, Lift)
Dive Rite Classic Weight Pockets 32 lbs
Dive Rite Backplate Lumbar Pad
Dive Rite Crotch Strap 1"

p.s.
thanks Issac for your help

Attachments

• e846_2.jpg
    e846_2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 97
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom